Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched some of Huddersfield last night and thought Mooy was good in parts but not exactly quick, depends on the fee but wouldn't be against him (assuming we shift some players), Knockaert looks OK but have seem him throw hissy fits so maybe not the best attitude.

I think this is important in player recruitment as we are talking about nearly every potential signing being a millionaire (or very comfy) so attitude/lifestyle etc. becomes more important than in the past when due to relative financial insecurity they would buckle down behave, work hard and be appreciative at being at a big club. How do you motivate multi millionaires ? Make sure they are motivated before you sign them -maybe.

Southampton have the chance to both deny City 100 points and, should they win, leave Everton as the only team to not win any match against the Top Six this season.

yes...that consideration is why I wanted Stoke to stay up. Swansea and West Brom are about our level and we struggled against them, so not displeased to see them go down. Stoke and Huddersfield? I think we are a bit better than...but there's not a lot in it.
Well that should be 10 points at least next season. Throw in our regulation 6 against West Ham and we're halfway to safety!

Did we not fail to beat any of the top 7 this season?

Well we certainly failed to beat any of the top 7. And if not winning a game against the top 7 was an intent, then we were successful in fulfilling that intent.
We know that Everton pre-assigns games vs the top 6 as 'expected losses'. So, in these games that ended drawn, we exceeded expectations and in those we lost, we fulfilled expectations. So, in the upside down, arse about face 'Alice through the looking glass' world of the Everton hierarchy, we did not fail, we succeeded.

NSNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back