Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think City need someone who causes a threat on crosses. It's easier for teams to defend them knowing that the ball isn't going to be a huge threat from wide areas and often it's just being played short inside

I agree.

Good result and all but we really did not try to make the numerical advantage count.....sat off and an observer from Mars would have sworn they were the team with the extra man.

Oddly enough, after we circled the wagons at City last season and miraculously escaped with a point, Saints played them there the next game and took an altogether different approach and they were unlucky to only take one point.

That's it when you let a team know you've no intention of attacking they automatically gain players on you. But look hopefully we'll gain more confidence as the league progresses. I'm sure we will.

Why do you have sterling?

any excuse to post this -

Sterling-Liverpool-picture-579627.jpg

Shocking decision to send him off.

If football isn't already on the decline with the outrageous fees for players, we are now seeing players sent off for celebrating a last minute goal with his teams fans that wins the game. It's utterly shocking.

Fans pay an arm and a leg traveling up and down the country to support their team, and to see that today, despite my dislike for the player, just pisses me off.

Football is 'kin ruined. It's embarrassing.

I think City need someone who causes a threat on crosses. It's easier for teams to defend them knowing that the ball isn't going to be a huge threat from wide areas and often it's just being played short inside

yep totally agree, dzeko was so important to them for this.

didn't watch the game, but with regards to the sterling red card, didn't dean make the right decision? Shouldn't be getting the flack for it, the FA should for their terrible rules. Bringing in a yellow card is not going to stop players getting run away with emotions, nor is it going to stop fans from getting over joyous. It is what it is, a rule on the pitch can't stop that.

It's so stupid that a player doing this or taking his shirt off is the same as some two footed lunges.

The minute Sterling ran to the crowd I suspected the ref might red card him but it's still an awful decision , Sterling didn't jump in the crowd he ran over and they ran to him . It's just ridiculous, Sterling has scored a last minute winner having been brought back into the side . If he'd ran to the opposition fans then fair enough but then again Gerard ran the length of the bullens for a non goal and I don't remember a booking .

never miss an opportunity, eh dave?

Never ever , if we had a striker to pounce on everything like that we'd be flying . It's a sad reflection , mostly on me , that the minute Bournemouth scored one of my first thoughts was if city don't win this Davek will be all over it .

yep totally agree, dzeko was so important to them for this.

didn't watch the game, but with regards to the sterling red card, didn't dean make the right decision? Shouldn't be getting the flack for it, the FA should for their terrible rules. Bringing in a yellow card is not going to stop players getting run away with emotions, nor is it going to stop fans from getting over joyous. It is what it is, a rule on the pitch can't stop that.

It's so stupid that a player doing this or taking his shirt off is the same as some two footed lunges.
Letter of the law it was right but obviously the rule probably needs looking at as it doesn't really do anything to prevent players from going into the crowd

City are - for all their spending - a poor outfit IMO. They blow hot and cold when to be a contender you need to be in command at almost all times in a game. Their defence is shocking. To have a clearly past it Kompany paired with either a terrible Otamendi or Stones at the heart of a defence is calamitous.

They'll get top four but nowhere near title challengers.

The minute Sterling ran to the crowd I suspected the ref might red card him but it's still an awful decision , Sterling didn't jump in the crowd he ran over and they ran to him . It's just ridiculous, Sterling has scored a last minute winner having been brought back into the side . If he'd ran to the opposition fans then fair enough but then again Gerard ran the length of the bullens for a non goal and I don't remember a booking .
Never ever , if we had a striker to pounce on everything like that we'd be flying . It's a sad reflection , mostly on me , that the minute Bournemouth scored one of my first thoughts was if city don't win this Davek will be all over it .
Why would I be "all over it"? Neither team mean anything to me.

But there were some people in the aftermath of last Monday's game talking City up as though it was like playing Sacchi's AC Milan Immortals and a point against even 10 of them was a victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back