Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keepers lead with the upper body as they can use their arms. The pace of the charge isn't reckless as they're entitled to try and get to the ball first.

The other player is too, but if getting there involves high feet, then you never had a chance of getting the ball legally and therefore the challenge is reckless and should never have been made.

If Mane went with his head, it's not a red card.

If the incident occurs outside the area, surely the keeper can't use their arms? Don't get me wrong in this incident Ederson went for the challenge and used his head, no fault of his whatsoever what occurred and a definite red for Mane. The more general point I was making was that I can definitely agree with Mason that keepers can be guilty of going in a bit too strong and getting away with it. I've definitely seen a few of those incidents. Neuer on Higuain at the last world cup springs to mind, where I'm pretty sure he double kneed him in the back whilst jumping to punch clear a ball. Basically the point Mason seems to be making, and one I do agree with, is that keepers can be very over zealous in clearing, often wiping out the opposition and getting away with it.

Told you I'd faith in Jesus
Is it unnatural that I'm getting a little tingling in my nether regions ???
Pub will be ace tonight
There's a fair few Norwegians and City supporters in my local.
Missus won't be happy if I talk football all night lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back