Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was at last night's CL game between Legia Warsaw and Astana (Kazakh club). It was the 73rd anniversary of the Warsaw Uprising. Pretty impressive....but will UEFA see it as political and take action against the club? A bloke who was there said the written banner was in place for 30 minutes before K.O. but the banner with the soldier and child was dropped from the roof by some fans just as a minute's silence was beginning. In fact the fans were chanting "victory" throughout the minute.

JS126981995.jpg

This was at last night's CL game between Legia Warsaw and Astana (Kazakh club). It was the 73rd anniversary of the Warsaw Uprising. Pretty impressive....but will UEFA see it as political and take action against the club? A bloke who was there said the written banner was in place for 30 minutes before K.O. but the banner with the soldier and child was dropped from the roof by some fans just as a minute's silence was beginning. In fact the fans were chanting "victory" throughout the minute.

JS126981995.jpg

UEFA will definitely do something about that

Powerful stuff

JS126981995.jpg

again, i don't understand why the banner is in english, it's not their first language.

England ladies vs Netherlands ladies in the Euro Semi.

Our substitute keeper (from RS ladies) looks a bit suspect but i hope they can do the business.

The main striker (Jody Taylor from Woolwich) knows how to finish & she has been the difference between England & the other teams.

JS126981995.jpg
yes forgive - but never forget...and pay the fines.

England ladies vs Netherlands ladies in the Euro Semi.

Our substitute keeper (from RS ladies) looks a bit suspect but i hope they can do the business.

The main striker (Jody Taylor from Woolwich) knows how to finish & she has been the difference between England & the other teams.

Netherlands will be England's biggest test yet.

France did what France always do in major tournaments and messed it up. This dutch team has pace to burn with Van De Sanden and in Mediema they have a genuine top quality striker. It could be a really good game.

Taylor is from the Wirral by the way.... I assume you meant that but got confused with the Arsenal thing!

I want Austria to win. Would be a proper Greece 2004 achievement that.

I hope they do.

again, i don't understand why the banner is in english, it's not their first language.

For media purposes. Everybody speaks English. If they do it in Polish, the audience is smaller.

Netherlands will be England's biggest test yet.

France did what France always do in major tournaments and messed it up. This dutch team has pace to burn with Van De Sanden and in Mediema they have a genuine top quality striker. It could be a really good game.

Taylor is from the Wirral by the way.... I assume you meant that but got confused with the Arsenal thing!

I want Austria to win. Would be a proper Greece 2004 achievement that.

Yes mate, i meant she plays for Woolwich, i knew she came from North of Watford.

Fingers crossed for the match!

I notice in the wiki entry for Legia that their fans are politically right-wing and very Polish Nationalistic and that they are known for marking the anniversary of the Warsaw Uprising every year - this seems to have been particularly spectacular and must have been done with the connivance of the club. They have friendly links with Juve and Den Haag supporters- both also known for right wing views and have expressed support for Serbia against Kosova in the past.

Germany won't be impressed with this display !! :)

I notice in the wiki entry for Legia that their fans are politically right-wing and very Polish Nationalistic and that they are known for marking the anniversary of the Warsaw Uprising every year - this seems to have been particularly spectacular and must have been done with the connivance of the club. They have friendly links with Juve and Den Haag supporters- both also known for right wing views and have expressed support for Serbia against Kosova in the past.

Germany won't be impressed with this display !! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back