Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massive day for us today; NZ All Whites vs Peru in Wellington in a World Cup play-off. I don't fancy our chances, but what a fabulous occasion.
The new WC format (i.e. post this tournament), with its 48 teams, dispenses with such occasion....which is sad really, since "t'is better to travel hopefully, than to arrive".

At the pub now getting ready for the game. Shame Chris Wood is only fit enough for the bench. Come on New Zealand!!!!

Anyone going to Non-league day today?
Not my local team but going to FC United. Proper footie club unlike the prem sh**
I was going to watch the Tranmere game (I know, I know, I shouldn't be giving money to wool clubs!) but I refuse to pay £20 a ticket to see Tranmere Rogers play! You'd think that with it being an international break they'd put the prices down to draw a bigger gate as they could use all the support they can get right now.

Oh, he's going to be in trouble for that

what is hislop on? only ban him for friendlies and then he goes on to say how toothless FIFA are with their racist punishments. Should definitely be a heavy sentence. Missing out on the world cup just for starters. It still annoys me how they failed to throw the book at the RS. Football is trying to be all high and mighty with kick racism out, and yet a club actually stood by a racist in a disgusting show of support and all of the footballing governing bodies bottled it.

I thought we might have/should have buried at least one of those two late chances.
It'll be a very tough return leg, but while there's hope ...

Just imagine if that hit from Ryan Thomas had gone in. At least what gives me hope is that Peru, while dominant, didn't have a heck of a lot of clear-cut chances in the game. Winston Reid was immense for us. Obviously we need to score in Peru, but if we do that I'd back our defense to not concede two.

Classy player that Ryan Thomas - he's still quite young (think he's only 22). If he keeps progressing, could definitely see him in a lower-level Premier League team in 2-3 years' time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back