Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

How on earth are we top 10

We were relegation battlers 2 weeks ago
The table is still incredibly close. We're nine points above Swansea at the foot of the table, yet still seven points off Spurs in sixth place.

A good run of fixtures and we're right in the mixer, however a run of fixtures where we don't pick up points and others do and we're back in it.

Fickleness and lack of nerves made many fans, including myself, feel that the situation was in fact worse than perhaps it was in the long term.

Last season weren't we in a similar points position at this time of the year after a terrible run of fixtures?

The table is still incredibly close. We're nine points above Swansea at the foot of the table, yet still seven points off Spurs in sixth place.

A good run of fixtures and we're right in the mixer, however a run of fixtures where we don't pick up points and others do and we're back in it.

Fickleness and lack of nerves made many fans, including myself, feel that the situation was in fact worse than perhaps it was in the long term.

Last season weren't we in a similar points position at this time of the year after a terrible run of fixtures?
It wasn't fickleness mate.
We were playing crap and getting bummed.

It wasn't fickleness mate.
We were playing crap and getting bummed.
True, the football was dire and so were the the results. However, after two wins and a more favourable position then everything 'seems' better.

The talk of impending relegation seems to have receded, so either the situation wasn't that bad or we're still in peril - that's fickleness to me.

Not fickleness as such, but a case of heads falling off left, right and centre and fans panicking and unable to look logically at the situation and instead being convinced we were staring at the abyss.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...ith-sam-allardyce.100703/page-95#post-5956774

As you can see here, I was astonished at the attitude from some. Proper panic stations all over the shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back