• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legitimately one of the most underrated defenders in the league. Seen plenty on here calling him crap as well which is bizarre.
Tbf before Pep starting coaching him, he used to go to ground far too easily, and often he would mistime the challenge and either give away a pen/free kick or be left stranded whilst the attacker skipped away. It was s major problem in his game. Pep has obviously got through to him and he has eliminated this from his game.
I wanted him gone last year, he was a liability. The turnaround has been remarkable. Not just staying on his feet, but his positioning, reading of the game and bringing the ball out from the back has all improved tenfold.
He's like a different player.

Weird world where you can be sacked for being 15th in the Championship on Christmas Eve, and just a few days later you get a bigger job....

Impossible to keep them up though, that club is as badly run as Sunderland at this stage...
Their chairman Huw Jenkins seems intolerably eager to pull the trigger on managers, subsequently creating a vicious cycle they can't escape.

Like Sunderland as you mention, they've recently appeared to axe their manager at this time of year, get a replacement and then it occurs again.

Think this is their eight separate manager (if you include Curtis) in five years, so any manager and their players must expect it actually happen.

Plus, you could argue that transfers Huw has overseen have been poor with lots of departures but with very little with regards to signings.

I recently read how none of their £43m signings were actually playing, whereas they'd let so many good players go over the past few seasons.

Unfortunately, as I've always for some reason felt Swansea were okay, I expect them to go down and then disappear into oblivion again.

Weird world where you can be sacked for being 15th in the Championship on Christmas Eve, and just a few days later you get a bigger job....

Impossible to keep them up though, that club is as badly run as Sunderland at this stage...
Preparing for next season already ?
They must have money to spend this window ?

Their chairman Huw Jenkins seems intolerably eager to pull the trigger on managers, subsequently creating a vicious cycle they can't escape.

Like Sunderland as you mention, they've recently appeared to axe their manager at this time of year, get a replacement and then it occurs again.

Think this is their eight separate manager (if you include Curtis) in five years, so any manager and their players must expect it actually happen.

Plus, you could argue that transfers Huw has overseen have been poor with lots of departures but with very little with regards to signings.

I recently read how none of their £43m signings were actually playing, whereas they'd let so many good players go over the past few seasons.

Unfortunately, as I've always for some reason felt Swansea were okay, I expect them to go down and then disappear into oblivion again.

@BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan @BrianSwan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back