Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything negative that can be aired about Everton is. Notice that any mention of Virgil Van Dike is only accompanied by the fact that he scored a goal against Everton in the 3rd round game. It's the only thing, apparently, that he's done since his £75M move that is worth reporting. Value for money that lollollollol
I had to edit this post because, apparently, the diminutive of Richard is "rude" and has to be redacted lol

This VAR is ruining my enjoyment of seeing Liverpool get wacked

Would have heightened my enjoyment tbh, giving them that extra hope... And then still losing hahaha

Before too long, every goal will be reviewed, even going back to if a throw in was right.

The pandoras box is opened. Said it before, will say it again, leave it solely to linnear decisions. Offside, in the box, over the line.

Every thing else is opinion.

Yeah, very much in aggreance with this, this is the main problem with football these days, things are implemented, but those implementing it don't seem to actually think through the pros and cons, they just enforce it. The complete lack of any thought that a team could win the champions league but not actually qualify for it the following season showed all you need to know. Europe's premiere competition and they didn't even think it through.

Great stuff!

Remember how "satisfied" they were with the home draw!

I remember how downbeat everyone on here was, despite it being a PL team they drew.

Win a Fa Cup derby match only to go out to a team in the bottom 2 at home in the next round.

That really is Everton type behaviour from the "Beat Manchester City" Champions.

Yeah he knock out the RS, lose at home to reading, very similar.

I imagine wherever Cyrille Regis is, he’s got a smile on his boat!

Feck, didn't even contemplate that. Snub the offer of wearing a black armband in memory of a wba legend, very knocked out of the cup by them a few days later. Have that you utter scum of a racist supporting cult.

Really wish more would be made of that, especially given the Holgate and brewster situations.

I mean, when we lost to these mutants at the pit I just went and got pissed after the match, but crying as a grown man in full view of the tv cameras works for some I guess.

Oh what? That was tonight? Thought that was from some final or something.

I’m undecided. Need to see it live in the stadium to see what the genuine effect is on flow etc.

That Salah penalty though, if that’s the standard, then every single corner will need to be reviewed your VAR and you’ll get 5 pens per game.

Tbf, any form of cheating e.g. Shirt pulling needs to be cut out of the game. I'd be happy for 5 pens a game via VAR if it meant it was cut out eventually.

Would have heightened my enjoyment tbh, giving them that extra hope... And then still losing hahaha

Yeah, very much in aggreance with this, this is the main problem with football these days, things are implemented, but those implementing it don't seem to actually think through the pros and cons, they just enforce it. The complete lack of any thought that a team could win the champions league but not actually qualify for it the following season showed all you need to know. Europe's premiere competition and they didn't even think it through.

I remember how downbeat everyone on here was, despite it being a PL team they drew.

Feck, didn't even contemplate that. Snub the offer of wearing a black armband in memory of a wba legend, very knocked out of the cup by them a few days later. Have that you utter scum of a racist supporting cult.

Really wish more would be made of that, especially given the Holgate and brewster situations.

Tbf, any form of cheating e.g. Shirt pulling needs to be cut out of the game. I'd be happy for 5 pens a game via VAR if it meant it was cut out eventually.

There wouldn't be 5 penalties a game because after the first 2 penalties players would stop doing it so often.

Yeah, take your point - it’s hard to argue against cutting refereeing mistakes out the game; but there’s a danger that normal contact, and pushing / pulling would get completely outlawed, and then you’ve got a very different game.

Part of football is based on physical battles and being stronger than the other guy, and I wouldn’t want to see penalties at every corner where there’s any sort of pushing or pulling.

Edit: and I worry that is where VAR on penalty decisions would take the game.

I’m all for it on matters of fact - ball crossing the line. Onside/offside. Mistaken identity etc.

Barkley_shirt_plz.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back