Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite like English teams doing well in Europe, other than one, obvs. The achievement of winning the CL is way too far over rated anyrate. As in, its a cup competion, so luck of the draw etc etc. Having a stronger PL and us being good in it is way better than a weak league and us being good in it.
I’d rather not see teams we compete against have more money and prestige. If it isn’t us, I’d rather it be a foreign team. At least we’re not in direct competition with them.

Who cares if we’re called bitter? I’m an Everton fan. I don’t want teams in the same league getting more prestige and money than us.

Well I don't care, one team aside

Spurs are a good side and have done this the right way

Good luck to them i say. What's the point in being fuelled by hate? Loads of sound Spurs fans out there. They're no different to us at the end of the day

So would I

Nowt against Spurs but I think it would be perverse if a team was European champions but had not been champions in their own patch in nearly sixty years :blush:

That's what I find really farcical about the champions league, you can finish 4th in the prem, yet go on and win the 'champions league' what are you champion off, the finishing 4th champions.

Spurs aren't RS, United, City or any other English club. They're a well ran club who hardly spent and should be a model for Everton. What's wrong with wanting them to succeed? Maybe our board will take notice.

hardly spent? eh? They spent hundreds of millions. Don't begrudge them success, but they have got really really lucky that kane turned into a world class superstar when he was utter crap in the lower leagues. How i wish we could get something like to come through our youth team now in amongst all the failed signings. Can't see us being that lucky sadly.

hardly spent? eh? They spent hundreds of millions. Don't begrudge them success, but they have got really really lucky that kane turned into a world class superstar when he was utter crap in the lower leagues. How i wish we could get something like to come through our youth team now in amongst all the failed signings. Can't see us being that lucky sadly.

Don't write off lookman just yet

I quite like English teams doing well in Europe, other than one, obvs. The achievement of winning the CL is way too far over rated anyrate. As in, its a cup competion, so luck of the draw etc etc. Having a stronger PL and us being good in it is way better than a weak league and us being good in it.

Heres where we differ mate, i want everton to win trophies and be regarded as the best team in the country and europe one day, the more teams ahead of us win the further and more remote any chance of us overtaking them becomes.

pretty sure no dortmund fans are cheering on bayern when they play in europe for example.

The myth of 'lets support the english clubs' trotted out by commentators to make out the entire country is willing on united - which under fergie was a common thing they said, is pure bs, same as they try make out there isnt a huge north south divide over the national team and who really it represents these days.

Hope Juve smash spurs off the park second half, united get pumped by Sevilla, and the rs get hammered next round

Well I don't care, one team aside

Spurs are a good side and have done this the right way

Good luck to them i say. What's the point in being fuelled by hate? Loads of sound Spurs fans out there. They're no different to us at the end of the day
What’s ‘the right way’. Is the right way charging their fans £1000-odd quid a season ticket?

They signed a defender for £40m, too. Let’s not rewrite things here. They aren’t some exception to the rule. Spurs have always had money for as long as I can remember.

Mysterious fires burning down buildings in the way of their new stadium is definitely also not ‘the right way’.

That's what I find really farcical about the champions league, you can finish 4th in the prem, yet go on and win the 'champions league' what are you champion off, the finishing 4th champions.

i wish we would go back to three european cups, one consisting of the top 2 of the main leagues and the winners of all the other leagues, a second tier of 2nd and 3rd placed teams from the leagues and then the cup winner's cup of all domestic cup winners.

It would make it more interesting. The CL is utterly dire, mainly because of the reason you say, but also because now there's no surprise, you get the exact same teams (give or take 2 or 3) in the group stages every single year. Nothing exciting. The quarter final line up will be the same every year so long as the main teams avoid eachother in the draw.

boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back