Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jake Bidwell.... remember him? Goal and an assist for QPR tonight. Was only a few years ago that we had arguably the best left-back in the PL in Baines, with two of the most promising left-backs in England in Garbutt and Bidwell as back-up.

Somehow now we've ended up with a 33 year-old Baines still as first-choice, Garbutt whose career has nose-dived dramatically, and a free-agent right-back filling in at left-back.

I have hopes for Antonee Robinson (on loan at Bolton) but we'll see if he gets a look-in in pre-season in July/August.

United were utter dross tonight, no urgency at all until they were 2-0 down (De Gea throwing one in well I never). Not sure if they were just trying to be cagey in classic Mourinho fashion or if they'd already shot their bolt in the 'cup final' but whatever they were trying didn't work, Sevilla carved them open plenty of times and always looked more likely to go through.

Jose is dire. Saw at the end that their defence was there for the taking, more chances created in the last ten minutes than the previous 110.

Should've kept Rooney @Soap

United's only realistic chance of silverware this season is the FA Cup. They face Brighton in the sixth round on Saturday.

But Jose Mourinho said the disappointment of last night is 'nothing new' at Old Trafford.

Mourinho said: "I sat in this chair twice in the Champions League after knocking out Manchester United [in the last 16] at home, at Old Trafford. In this chair with Porto (in 2004) and Real Madrid (in 2013), they are out both times. It is not something new for the club."

Playing down any talk of pressure there, then...

Haha not sure that's the best words Jose could have used.

De Gea was horrendous for their second goal and could've been positioned better for the first. He's very good and possibly still the best in the premier league but not as good as the likes of Southall, Neuer or Buffon imo.

I don't think so tbh, those low drives can catch any keeper out, it was a series of failures from the midfield and defence

Yeah definitely the defence and midfield to blame. I was being hype critical, the way some posters are with Pickford and most were with Howard.

hqdefault.jpg

Besiktas playing their B-team against Bayern. No interest in saving face I see.

Aggregate 6-0 for Bayern atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back