Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not todays football as such.But i was delighted to see our friends Lyon get dumped out of Europe a few days ago.The Lyon fans were pretty confident after winning in Moscow.But CSKA Moscow turned them over in their own backyard to go through.

A
Seems Andrew Robertson had another decent game.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but surely knowing we would need to replace Leighton sooner or later, just how did we not pursue our supposed interest in the lad.
Analytics used in conjuction with scouting.

An article i read on him was when Silva took over Hull halfway through the season Robertson's stat numbers almost doubled on chances created,running,sprints,tackles etc so if clubs could see him standing out in a awful relegation team then it was done on analytic data.Silva probably told his FB's to play higher up the pitch than Mike Phelan did so his stats shot up considerably that saw the RS scouting/analytics that he could fit into Klopp's system.

We have Steve Walsh's dated scouting which is rubbish as we know,seems to be old fashioned with a network of scouts going to matches and the R/S and Spurs use analytical data that shows stuff on a player that scouting doesn't,The R/S DoF used to be the head of Spurs Analytical department not long ago.

Son,Eriksen Vertonghen Dembele Rose Walker as examples the last 5-6 years were under the radar signings that bigger clubs missed out on and were scouted using analytic data,no surprise Spurs have a fantastic well balanced squad and pound for pound one of the least expensive in the league.

Pains me to say it, but Salah has been absolutely awesome for them. Where do you get a player like that for just £36m thesedays? That's coppers in today's market.

Just hope he suffers from the dreaded 'second season syndrome'.

Neil Warnock, who I'd never get tired of punching in the face, has just been on Sky accusing Derby of unjustly calling their game off today.

He openly claimed that it's because that Derby don't want to play Cardiff today due to how their playing and it's nothing to do with the weather.

To be fair to him, Cardiff were safely at Pride Park and the Sky reporter confirmed the weather and roads weren't too bad in the local area.

Neil Warnock, who I'd never get tired of punching in the face, has just been on Sky accusing Derby of unjustly calling their game off today.

He openly claimed that it's because that Derby don't want to play Cardiff today due to how their playing and it's nothing to do with the weather.

To be fair to him, Cardiff were safely at Pride Park and the Sky reporter confirmed the weather and roads weren't too bad in the local area.

Clubs dont call games off do they? Like, the final decision isnt theirs.

Usually a keeper of Leno's quality wouldn't fap at a ball like that until after he signs for Everton for 40M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back