Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've not read a word of my posts mate. My complaint is that Mane wasn't booked for a second time for picking the ball up on the edge of his own penalty area whilst the ball is still in play. You are saying now that doing that is within the laws of the game so the ref couldn't book him.

No.

I don't know how much more obvious it can be. The only reason that under the laws of the game a foul for handball will be accompanied by a yellow card are

commits a foul or handles the ball to interfere with or stop a promising attack

and

handles the ball in an attempt to score a goal (whether or not the attempt is successful) or in an unsuccessful attempt to prevent a goal

That's it. So thats what the ref uses to make his decision. You going on about Mane picking the ball up on the edge of his area whilst the ball is still in play and should have been a yellow is fine, if the ref deems that he did so to interfere or stop a promising attack.

Which he didn't. Understandably considering Palace didn't actually have posession of the ball at the time. I know Palace went 7 games without a goal or whatever it was but thats whats deemed as a promising attack at Selhurst Park these days you're in more trouble than i thought.

It was a foul obviously, but as stated above, there's a reason for it not being accompanied by a yellow card, and thats not because there is a conspiracy to help out the big teams in the same game where one of their players was booked for diving and denied a penalty after being fouled which would have been given had there been a conspiracy, a penalty being given against them which would have been denied if there was a conspiracy and a goal disallowed which would have been allowed if their was a conspiracy.

No.

I don't know how much more obvious it can be. The only reason that under the laws of the game a foul for handball will be accompanied by a yellow card are

and

That's it. So thats what the ref uses to make his decision. You going on about Mane picking the ball up on the edge of his area whilst the ball is still in play and should have been a yellow is fine, if the ref deems that he did so to interfere or stop a promising attack.

Which he didn't. Understandably considering Palace didn't actually have posession of the ball at the time. I know Palace went 7 games without a goal or whatever it was but thats whats deemed as a promising attack at Selhurst Park these days you're in more trouble than i thought.

It was a foul obviously, but as stated above, there's a reason for it not being accompanied by a yellow card, and thats not because there is a conspiracy to help out the big teams in the same game where one of their players was booked for diving and denied a penalty after being fouled which would have been given had there been a conspiracy, a penalty being given against them which would have been denied if there was a conspiracy and a goal disallowed which would have been allowed if their was a conspiracy.
Conspiracy theories aside, Palace didn't have possession because Mane had the ball in his hands. At the edge of the penalty area, and nearest the ball were two Palace players. I'd call that a promising attack.
You being a snide about Palace's record at Selhurst this seasonis irrelevant to the point you are trying to make and whilst I think that the big teams get the rub of the green far too often and their media acolytes simply support the continual small injustices to keep the money ball on the road those views too are irrelevant to the incident under discussion.
Mane deliberately handled ( picked up!) the ball on the edge of his own penalty area with the two nearest players being Palace players in attacking positions. Previously you claimed that the referee couldn't book him because of the laws of the game, now you backslide into saying he could have if he felt that he did so to interfere or stop a promising attack? Well what other reason did he pick the ball up for??? Duh?

Conspiracy theories aside, Palace didn't have possession because Mane had the ball in his hands. At the edge of the penalty area, and nearest the ball were two Palace players. I'd call that a promising attack.
You being a snide about Palace's record at Selhurst this seasonis irrelevant to the point you are trying to make and whilst I think that the big teams get the rub of the green far too often and their media acolytes simply support the continual small injustices to keep the money ball on the road those views too are irrelevant to the incident under discussion.
Mane deliberately handled ( picked up!) the ball on the edge of his own penalty area with the two nearest players being Palace players in attacking positions. Previously you claimed that the referee couldn't book him because of the laws of the game, now you backslide into saying he could have if he felt that he did so to interfere or stop a promising attack? Well what other reason did he pick the ball up for??? Duh?

He picked it up because he did that thing that all players do, thought he was fouled so grabbed hold of the ball to try and make the ref give him the decision. Happens all the time really

Well maybe, i don't actually know, neither do you, neither does the ref. Only Mane knows. Although to be honest i don't think that actually matters, intent or not the ref simply had to decide if the handball interfered or stopped a promising attack.

You think it did, klopp thinks it did. I don't think it did, the ref didn't think it did.

My position throughout has been clear. Firstly that handball itself isn't an automatic yellow in itself, and that the only law that would have resulted in a yellow was interfering with or stopping a promising attack. And that the reason the ref didn't give a yellow would have been because he didn't think Mane did. Simple as that.

It's just a difference of opinion over definition of "promising attack" really, i see why you would feel different to the ref but that doesn't make the ref wrong.

He picked it up because he did that thing that all players do, thought he was fouled so grabbed hold of the ball to try and make the ref give him the decision. Happens all the time really

Well maybe, i don't actually know, neither do you, neither does the ref. Only Mane knows. Although to be honest i don't think that actually matters, intent or not the ref simply had to decide if the handball interfered or stopped a promising attack.

You think it did, klopp thinks it did. I don't think it did, the ref didn't think it did.

My position throughout has been clear. Firstly that handball itself isn't an automatic yellow in itself, and that the only law that would have resulted in a yellow was interfering with or stopping a promising attack. And that the reason the ref didn't give a yellow would have been because he didn't think Mane did. Simple as that.

It's just a difference of opinion over definition of "promising attack" really, i see why you would feel different to the ref but that doesn't make the ref wrong.
Agreed.;)

I may have spoken too soon there, 2 goals in 2 minutes from Suarez and Messi. 2-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back