• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2018-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an absolute joke the Bundesliga is. Bayern aren’t even good, and they’ve turned over a 10 point deficit and are going to end up running away with the title again.

What an absolute joke the Bundesliga is. Bayern aren’t even good, and they’ve turned over a 10 point deficit and are going to end up running away with the title again.
Typically, in the two games prior to their second leg against Liverpool and the four since, they've scored 28 goals (4.5 a game average) and won 5, drew 1. Baffling their pathetic efforts over two games against the RS. Basically had no intention of scoring, or tried for 0-0 and then 1-0 at best, which backfired spectacularly.

Typically, in the two games prior to their second leg against Liverpool and the four since, they've scored 28 goals (4 a game average) and won 5, drew 1. Baffling their pathetic efforts over two games against the RS. Basically had no intention of scoring, or tried for 0-0 and then 1-0 at best, which backfired spectacularly.

It’s because the teams they play against in their league are absolute sewage mate, and as soon as they come up against a half decent side they couldn’t touch them. Liverpool are just better than them.

It’s because the teams they play against in their league are absolute sewage mate, and as soon as they come up against a half decent side they couldn’t touch them. Liverpool are just better than them.
Don't disagree at all.

But to go from lethal all out attacking football to being afraid to cross the half way line in two games is pathetic and typical of how too many teams fear Liverpool in Europe when they aren't even one of the elite.

Take away the 15 points that goalkeepers have gifted them this season and they're in the mix for 5th or 6th. Maybe you could say their pressure caused only half of those mistakes, but that's still around 8 points earned, which would mean the title should be all but wrapped up for City by now. Pickford, Lloris' errors were caused by no pressure at all yet they turned 2 points into 6. That alone would give City the title.

And none of that is even taking into account the many dodgy penalties they got in the first 20 games this season.

Just saying, they are not a Barcelona or a Juventus, yet Bayern played as if they were.

Agree the Bundesliga is dirt.

lot of empty seats in city's end, terrible support
I was talking to a bloke who works for the FA last night and he said that Brighton sold all their allocation but City sent a load back. His excuse was that they have loads of big games coming up. I just don’t get that. Even when they were crap they had good support. Imagine what a scramble for tickets we would see if we had their success.

I was talking to a bloke who works for the FA last night and he said that Brighton sold all their allocation but City sent a load back. His excuse was that they have loads of big games coming up. I just don’t get that. Even when they were crap they had good support. Imagine what a scramble for tickets we would see if we had their success.

But they havnt grown their fan base in line with their recent success yet, and with quite a few massive games coming up, also in London, (plus a reasonable chance of further CL/FA Cup final to come), if you had to choose which one to miss, I reckon quite a few chose a semi against Brighton.

Its a bit mental typing that, but sadly, its true.

But they havnt grown their fan base in line with their recent success yet, and with quite a few massive games coming up, also in London, (plus a reasonable chance of further CL/FA Cup final to come), if you had to choose which one to miss, I reckon quite a few chose a semi against Brighton.

Its a bit mental typing that, but sadly, its true.
I know what you’re saying but their attendances are generally below what you would expect. You often see lots of empty seats in their own stadium.
They don’t need to attract lots of gloryhunters. The Manchester area is massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back