• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2018-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

That tielmans looks decent
Tielemans has adapted to the Premier League much quicker than I think many expected, so I think Monaco's decision to send him on loan has been rewarded.

If the £40m price tag that's been quoted is correct, then he'll certainly have some suitors in the summer; you'd hope that we are at least looking at him as an option.

I bet Leicester wish they'd took the price back in January as they may struggle to keep hold of him.

The difference is Arsenal knew he was top class but baulked at paying out another huge amount in wages after Ozil smashed their wage structure to keep hold of him. In simple terms it seems like a good idea to them as what is stopping their other 'star' players from demanding similar terms once you give in and say no Ozil isn't a unique case. However the problem is how do you replace Ramsey with someone of similar quality for less than 60 million in total (300k x 4 years). For example Sigurdsson is costing us 70-80 million (transfer fee and wages) and he isn't Arsenal quality.

tbf, i wouldn't say there's much in it. Siggurdsson has played for worse teams than ramsey and whilst i couldn't see a team like Juve coming in for siggurdsson, the stats show he's hardly much better if at all. Yes ramsey has tended to play deeper and not take as much set pieces, but sigurdsson hasn't been playing with players like ozil, sanchez, aubamayeang, van persie and lacazette all his career. I'd say siggurdsson is arsenal quality tbf.

Tielemans has adapted to the Premier League much quicker than I think many expected, so I think Monaco's decision to send him on loan has been rewarded.

If the £40m price tag that's been quoted is correct, then he'll certainly have some suitors in the summer; you'd hope that we are at least looking at him as an option.

I bet Leicester wish they'd took the price back in January as they may struggle to keep hold of him.

i don't know an awful lot about him, but would he be the type of player we'd look at if we couldn't get gomes, or as well as? I personally think we need a silky player like gomes, as well as a power house in the doucoure mould, but then that means we don't have any traditional defensive midfielders who just sit. I wouldn't get rid of gana either. But we can't go out and buy 3 CM's this summer, we need at least two. But is tielmens pretty much a silky player like gomes, or is he a bit more defensive?

Pretty much we need to sell schneiderlin, besic and mccarthy, and that would leave us with just gueye and davies. So we could buy a defensive holding mid, a powerhouse box-to-box and a silky playmaker like gomes, we just wasted way too much on players who do a lot of nothing like the 3 we need to sell.

think i'd quite like spurs to miss out on top 4 tbh. I mean, i've never been their biggest fan and if they were in a 3 horse race for the title with the other 2, i would be fairly happy to see them win it. But on the other hand, all these stars which imo should be at bigger and better teams can't put up with not winning anything for much longer? I mean it'd be pretty great to see them lose alderweireld, eriksen, alli and kane all in one go and no longer be a threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back