Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched a bit of sporting beating villareal 3-0. They beat real sociedad 3-0 the other day aswell. Look really decent. Never seen that english forward who plays for them before. Good player.
I think we're about to take a huge step up from wigan and stoke next week.

Watched a bit of sporting beating villareal 3-0. They beat real sociedad 3-0 the other day aswell. Look really decent. Never seen that english forward who plays for them before. Good player.
I think we're about to take a huge step up from wigan and stoke next week.

Going that going to be a football lesson innit.we are going into another season totally unprepared, struggled painfully pre season against lower division teams, this may well be an eye opener for some.

Fluminense’s Marcelo was sent off for this horrible challenge on Argentinos Juniors’ Luciano Sánchez in the #LibertadoresEasily one of the worst injuries I’ve ever seen.

Jesus Christ, watch at own risk

Not sure that was intentional. I definitely would not describe it as a lunge or challenge as some of the reports have it. He was dribbling the ball and was trying to plant his foot for a change of direction. Just happened to connect with the upper shin of his opponent who also was planting his foot at the same time.

Heard it is a dislocation of the knee. Not sure how bad that is to recover from.

Not sure that was intentional. I definitely would not describe it as a lunge or challenge as some of the reports have it. He was dribbling the ball and was trying to plant his foot for a change of direction. Just happened to connect with the upper shin of his opponent who also was planting his foot at the same time.

Heard it is a dislocation of the knee. Not sure how bad that is to recover from.
Depends on how badly tendons are torn. That looked like the worst injury I've ever seen. Previous record holder involved an Eagles player landing after a catch, getting his feet stuck in a spot on the terribly maintained turf at Veterans Stadium, going over backwards and dislocating both knees. That injury looks like it did more internal damage.

Fluminense’s Marcelo was sent off for this horrible challenge on Argentinos Juniors’ Luciano Sánchez in the #LibertadoresEasily one of the worst injuries I’ve ever seen.

Jesus Christ, watch at own risk

Unpopular opinion - not a red card.

Gruesome injury though, 8-12 months to come back for Sanchez according to early reports. Hope he comes back to be an okay player, but he'll be 30 by the time so you never know.

Depends on how badly tendons are torn. That looked like the worst injury I've ever seen. Previous record holder involved an Eagles player landing after a catch, getting his feet stuck in a spot on the terribly maintained turf at Veterans Stadium, going over backwards and dislocating both knees. That injury looks like it did more internal damage.
I can recall several as bad or worse, but I'm okay to not share those clips really.

Faroese champions KI guaranteed group stage European football whether it's the Champions League, Europa or Conference. Great news for them, particularly as the cash windfall can support the club for several seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back