• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Barkley should be in England squad if his current form continues imo, way better than Phillips, Henderson etc. Him giving the ball away once isn't really enough to override the numerous top performances he's had this season, most of which have come against the best clubs in the league.

Also Fellaini retired today, saw this from Mourinho

Nice words from Jose. Always admired fellaini. First night of my honeymoon I booked a hotel in Sri Lanka making sure they had the match on us v United first game of season fellaini scored and we won 1-0. Probably the highlight of my honeymoon and explains why we're separated

Bit harsh of the MOTD commentators to blame Hodgson for the Olise injury. Hodgson is not a doctor. He would have taken advice from the club medical team regarding Olise’s fitness and must have been given the green light
Not always - plenty of managers will pressure an unfit player to play or put pressure on the medical staff to pass someone fit or just outright ignore them. Especially an under pressure 'old school' manager.

Like all industries a lot of managers resort to outright bullying and shifting the blame onto others when their own inadequacies are being exposed. Not to say Hodgson falls into this camp but it's certainly commonplace in football.

Bit harsh of the MOTD commentators to blame Hodgson for the Olise injury. Hodgson is not a doctor. He would have taken advice from the club medical team regarding Olise’s fitness and must have been given the green light
The player himself must be partly to blame, nevertheless, the lack of coordination and communication between the manager and his staff, the medical team and the player is a complete shambles.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back