Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to be honest I didn’t rate Rice a couple of seasons back. Remember us going there a couple of times and he didn’t seem to do much. I didn’t get the fuss. Will admit though I was wrong. He’s been a cracking signing and looked top class this season.
He's brilliant mate. Had this discussion when he first got in the England team, wasnt rated, but he's proved a lot of doubters wrong.

No reason Arsenal should be doing that to a decent team. So many stupid mistakes/bad tactics for goals.

1. Very basic, slow, inswinging corner. Defenders don't even jump. Goalie looks like he's never seen a corner before.
2. Ridiculously high line against rapid players. I feel like I've seen that before when Moyes managed us.
3. Playing a high line for a close free kick is insane. Now all your defenders aren't tracking men and are facing their own goal.
4. Zouma doing Zouma things. Cushioned header to the opposition. Let's a man go behind him and follows the ball. Turns like a large boat.
5. West Ham defenders looking like they need to be in a perfect shape rather than mark Bukayo Saka, one of the best players in the league. He receives the ball, everyone is trying to recover and he cuts onto his left, while the goalie runs away from his near post.
6. The midfield dropping too deep. The ball is played back to Odegaard/Tossard and Wham have 8 players in the 18yd box, Arsenal have 5 and two sitting unmarked at the top of the box. Both miss it and Rice hits a worldie but there's no chance of pressure on any of those 3 players due to the Wham midfield being non-existent.

Normal day at the office against a good team for Moyes.

The amount of times I've heard "the players have let them down, that wasn't a David Moyes performance" .... it's his team... therefore it is a David Moyes performance...
The perpetual myth that dour daveys sides don’t have that kind of performance in them continues to baffle me to this day.

The fellas a shithouse and so his team become shithouses more often than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back