Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
A fair amount of truth in this. If it's not your own team, most people don't care who wins the domestic cups. It's the league or CL when they become nauseating sods.

Unfortunately the league is one step away from scripted drama. Therefore I fully expect them to win the league as the moment City get back to any kind of dominating form, big red will get all kinds of dubious decisions to keep them just ahead.

Nauseating stuff.

so why bang on about it?
Because I could easily have been one of them. Nobody forced me to support Everton and my Grandad is a red. It's hard to take just how close I came to being able to tell people who I support without feeling utterly embarrassed and ashamed.

Hard pill to swallow, but I am the only person in recorded history to be moronic enough to choose blue over red just to be different from the Fowler-heads at school.

I could have borrowed my grandad's season ticket for the Centenary, seen incredible things but no.... my "good times" are a fluky win at Old Trafford that ultimately meant nothing, going the distance with Fiorentina, the big fat asterisk next to our gallant elimination by Villarreal.

And Phillip SODDING Neville against Wigan that day. Yeah really good times. Meanwhile, THAT lot are about to spunk red and white tickertape all over our new gaff by the docks on their trophy parade.

Sod it, could even be THEIR new gaff the way this 777 thing is unfolding. That's what Masters et al want right?

I've long been at peace with Liverpool being the superior club on Merseyside as I'm too young to have known it any other way, but the degree of utter lopsidedness between the sides now is just a farce.

Though I wasn't around in the 1970s and early 80s - the last time it was this bad - I know Everton still had the respect of most.... but now.....

Because I could easily have been one of them. Nobody forced me to support Everton and my Grandad is a red. It's hard to take just how close I came to being able to tell people who I support without feeling utterly embarrassed and ashamed.

Hard pill to swallow, but I am the only person in recorded history to be moronic enough to choose blue over red just to be different from the Fowler-heads at school.

I could have borrowed my grandad's season ticket for the Centenary, seen incredible things but no.... my "good times" are a fluky win at Old Trafford that ultimately meant nothing, going the distance with Fiorentina, the big fat asterisk next to our gallant elimination by Villarreal.

And Phillip SODDING Neville against Wigan that day. Yeah really good times. Meanwhile, THAT lot are about to spunk red and white tickertape all over our new gaff by the docks on their trophy parade.

Sod it, could even be THEIR new gaff the way this 777 thing is unfolding. That's what Masters et al want right?

I've long been at peace with Liverpool being the superior club on Merseyside as I'm too young to have known it any other way, but the degree of utter lopsidedness between the sides now is just a farce.

Though I wasn't around in the 1970s and early 80s - the last time it was this bad - I know Everton still had the respect of most.... but now.....

i shouldn’t of asked lol

i wouldn’t swap being an evertonian mate

i wouldn’t swap being an evertonian mate
Frankly I wish I'd stayed in Yorkshire a bit longer to avoid all this merseyside guff. Dad used to watch Darlington near his barracks (daisies on the pitch, proper cig-smoking wet sponge guy in a donkey jacket, you name it)

And I could still have experienced the joys of supporting a club folding under the weight of an unaffordable new stadium. Only it would be a club nobody cares about.

Frankly I wish I'd stayed in Yorkshire a bit longer to avoid all this merseyside guff. Dad used to watch Darlington near his barracks (daisies on the pitch, proper cig-smoking wet sponge guy in a donkey jacket, you name it)

And I could still have experienced the joys of supporting a club folding under the weight of an unaffordable new stadium.

honestly mate i know it’s been poo for ages and doesn’t look changing but id rather stick broken glass on my balls than be a dirty scummy red

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back