Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
unless iron lung plays for man city or real madrid anytime soon i don't think he will be getting into that england midfield ahead of Arsenal's Rice, Man Utd's Mainoo and Real Madrid's Bellingham anytime soon
He's got the potential to be in and around the squad I reckon if he keeps doing well. England's problems in central midfield will be a thing of the past soon enough I reckon. You've got the likes of that fella, Mainoo, Gray, Jones, Wharton, Lewis and others potentially coming through

He's got the potential to be in and around the squad I reckon if he keeps doing well. England's problems in central midfield will be a thing of the past soon enough I reckon. You've got the likes of that fella, Mainoo, Gray, Jones, Wharton, Lewis and others potentially coming through
Mainoo should be nowhere near the England squad.

He's played about 15 games. I don't care how talented he is or what his ceiling may be, at this moment he is not good enough to play for England. There are better players than him who have earned the right to represent England. Mainoo got called up purely becuase he plays for the rags, and like most rags is overhyped and overrated. We see it time and again, the next "superstar from Old Trafford". They usually end at a mid table club and never see an England shirt again. He may buck the trend and end up world class, but at this moment in time he has done nothing to earn an England place apart from playing for the medias favourite club.

He's played about 15 games. I don't care how talented he is or what his ceiling may be, at this moment he is not good enough to play for England. There are better players than him who have earned the right to represent England. Mainoo got called up purely becuase he plays for the rags, and like most rags is overhyped and overrated. We see it time and again, the next "superstar from Old Trafford". They usually end at a mid table club and never see an England shirt again. He may buck the trend and end up world class, but at this moment in time he has done nothing to earn an England place apart from playing for the medias favourite club.
Who are those better players that deserve it more though? If he's good enough he's good enough, surely?

Who are those better players that deserve it more though? If he's good enough he's good enough, surely?
Is he good enough though? How can you tell when he hasn't even had a full season. He could turn into a great player or he might be the new jizjaz, Remember him, after two starts for the rags, their pets in the media were begging him to play for England instead of his native Belguim.

Is he good enough though? How can you tell when he hasn't even had a full season. He could turn into a great player or he might be the new jizjaz, Remember him, after two starts for the rags, their pets in the media were begging him to play for England instead of his native Belguim.
He seems to be good enough on account for playing well enough. I agree he's pushed into it, but he is good, or at least in good enough form.

Again though, who is the better option? More Hendo?! I'm no fan of England by any stretch but it'll be laughable if Southgate doesn't play in form good players just so he has all the boys with him - similar to how Maguire is playing, but not Branthwaite.

He seems to be good enough on account for playing well enough. I agree he's pushed into it, but he is good, or at least in good enough form.

Again though, who is the better option? More Hendo?! I'm no fan of England by any stretch but it'll be laughable if Southgate doesn't play in form good players just so he has all the boys with him - similar to how Maguire is playing, but not Branthwaite.
Ward Prowse for one and as much as I think he is overrated I would pick Henderson over Mainoo too. Maguire getting picked is just another example of utd players getting picked for who they play for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back