Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luton want to postpone their first home game of the season (v Burnley) because their stadium isn't ready.
Looks like the game has officially been postponed.

What I don’t understand is why they wouldn’t just switch the fixtures and play at Burnley that weekend, and Luton later in the season. They claim this is to avoid inconveniencing traveling supporters with last minute changes, but now the match will almost certainly have to be played on a random Wednesday night. In a lot of ways, that’s even worse for travel. It’s certainly not possible to get a train back to Burnley at 10PM, so they’ll either have to drive, or stay overnight.

Looks like the game has officially been postponed.

What I don’t understand is why they wouldn’t just switch the fixtures and play at Burnley that weekend, and Luton later in the season. They claim this is to avoid inconveniencing traveling supporters with last minute changes, but now the match will almost certainly have to be played on a random Wednesday night. In a lot of ways, that’s even worse for travel. It’s certainly not possible to get a train back to Burnley at 10PM, so they’ll either have to drive, or stay overnight.

A more rational reason for them being unable to simply reverse the fixture is the fact Blackburn play at home to Hull that weekend.

A more rational reason for them being unable to simply reverse the fixture is the fact Blackburn play at home to Hull that weekend.
Didn’t consider that. Maybe could have even moved it to the Sunday afternoon and still played at Burnley?

While it wouldn’t have been ideal, the PL really should have anticipated this and just scheduled Luton away for the first four games and then they would have had until mid-September, after the international break, to get their ground in order.

Apparently Burnley refused this option.

No Jeff; No Soccer Saturday.
Exactly my thoughts, though to be fair, the last season i basically only watched from 3-5 for the score's lol. I use to watch the build up just so i could see what they predicted for the Everton game that day, but the new panal and co just made me give up, now having Mike Dean just make's it so much worst

Exactly my thoughts, though to be fair, the last season i basically only watched from 3-5 for the score's lol. I use to watch the build up just so i could see what they predicted for the Everton game that day, but the new panal and co just made me give up, now having Mike Dean just make's it so much worst
I used to watch the build up but now that there is almost always a 12.30 kick off I’ll watch that. And then if Everton are playing at 3 I’ll watch on a stream or if not do something else. Now, if they got Le Tissier back on it to give us his views i’d be all over it.

“There’s been a red card at Goodison, what happened Tiss?”

“Well has there been Jeff? Don’t believe everything the MSM tell you. I will not comply”

Agreed. Also, I loved Clinton Morrison as a Palace player. He’s a local boy as well but oh my days he is a shocking pundit.

Huddersfield joining Brentford in reopening their academy lol they burnt much more money closing it down and reopening than simply keeping it around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back