Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sure it's a risk but he played in Germany, wants to work with younger players long term, wants to play in a way that suits what Bayern want, He is a known 'name' who will attract others, also a disciple of Pep. Yes he is still a rookie in a sense but I can see some logic behind it.
Bayern don't need a name to attract players. Bayern is the name.

If they go for Kompany now, I can only see that as a temporary holding appointment until Herr Klopp is ready to step in after his sabbatical. The Death Star will be targeting its Darth Vader. And the force will be too strong to keep Doctor Teeth from turning to the dark side.

Bayern don't need a name to attract players. Bayern is the name.

If they go for Kompany now, I can only see that as a temporary holding appointment until Herr Klopp is ready to step in after his sabbatical. The Death Star will be targeting its Darth Vader. And the force will be too strong to keep Doctor Teeth from turning to the dark side.
They do at the moment, the club is all over the shop, they can't even attract a manager at the moment and some of the names linked are pretty bog standard. Don't see Klopp at Bayern either, he has not long bought a house in Spain so Id expect Madrid or Barca

They do at the moment, the club is all over the shop, they can't even attract a manager at the moment and some of the names linked are pretty bog standard. Don't see Klopp at Bayern either, he has not long bought a house in Spain so Id expect Madrid or Barca
If they are "struggling to attract a manager" it's because the manager they have in mind is not a long-term proposition. I'm living here in Germany. This "struggle" is tabloid talk, the usual FC Hollywood guff that people lap up here. They haven't been well-managed since Karl-Heinz Rummenigge stepped back, but they're one of the biggest jobs in world football and every German worth his salt pretty much ends up at Bayern in some capacity. There is no equivalent in England.

Klopp is a rich man. He owns houses in many countries. I'm not saying he will definitely move to Bayern, but I have no doubt that they will explore the possibility of appointing him. They would likely accommodate any sabbatical he takes too because Klopp is a massive star here. His Dortmund achievements alone made him a megastar. Liverpool get as much publicity as any foreign club as a result of his tenure there.

Klopp didn't get on with Rummenigge, so that may remain an obstacle (as he still lurks in the background). But Bayern is like a tractor beam to Germans. Maybe Klopp will be different. Time will tell.

Madness.

Fail at Burnley. Spend a fortune , be totally inflexible and fail to change tactical approach, never get out of the bottom , get relegated and one of the biggest clubs in Europe come knocking.

If true it's everything that is wrong with football
Hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back