Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

FIFA World Cup 2030 to be staged over 3 Continents.

Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay to host opening 3 games before the tournament goes to main host Spain, Morocco and a Portugal.

Tell me football isn’t broken?

All set up nicely for Saudi Arabia to host the World Cup in 2034. Crackers.
Just came in to post that. Proper mad. 6 host countries all qualifying automatically lol

Are they all qualifying automatically too?

Blimey.

Do they even need South American qualifying? Do they all just get in? lol
Yeah according to the Guardian there will be one match each in Uruguay, Argentina and Paraguay and those countries will qualify automatically. It sounds a bit bonkers and like you say above it sounds like an attempt to appease Conmebol while giving 2034 to Saudi Arabia

There should be one host. I remember Euro 96 and the atmosphere across the country was magic. Even having two co hosts waters it down but to have 6 is terrible. Garbage decision.

I get three host in South America, I even get the euro/Africa bid with Spain, Portugal and Morocco due to geography and would be fine with either as all football countries.

But two continents and 6 countries?!?!?!?

Sorry that’s just bonkers and unfair on travelling fans

FIFA World Cup 2030 to be staged over 3 Continents.

Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay to host opening 3 games before the tournament goes to main host Spain, Morocco and a Portugal.

Tell me football isn’t broken?

All set up nicely for Saudi Arabia to host the World Cup in 2034. Crackers.
Absolutely ludicrous decision which has been taken for the most obviously grim reason. Wonder how much the Saudis bunged FIFA and the South America teams to accept this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back