Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great when Brighton are going forward but the mess they play at the back is criminal. They've completely dominated 40 minutes, should be up by a couple but because of their incompetence find themselves 2-1 down

Despise Carragher commentating in any way for liverpool he will always be blatantly bias.
Ex Liverpool captain and forever fan having a bias for Liverpool?

sarcastic-kirk.gif

Blatant shirt pull in the area. It’s a pen. When the players were on the floor, you could still see his hand around the back of the neck of the shirt

Judt gone on to the BBC website and see that a red card was issued to a Man City player in the WSL for time wasting, and the comments were that it was ridiculous. So I looked at the short vid, and I was, like, WHAT??? The Man City girl shapes to play the ball up the field, but then turns and plays it sideways to a colleague. In the space of 3-4 seconds. And gets a second yellow! Absolutely unbelieveable refereeing. And then the authorities wonder why there is so much criticism against officials. Well just look at that decision for starters. Top of page 3 at the moment: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/66233529/page/3

I just watched that vid and as i expected, they don't show the whole incident. The clipped version makes it look a terrible decision.

However, the whole story is that the ref awarded City a free kick, 10 seconds or so went by which allowed the teams to get back into shape, That wouldn;t have been took into account for timewasting, that was the time that she should have used to decide where to play it. Then the ref blows the whistle to incidate the kick can be taken with the City player standing over the ball.

She then stands there for 10 seconds making no attampt to even move, she then moves back and moves as if to take it and stops again. Then she eventually goes to take it but by then its about 16-17 seconds from when the whistle was blown telling her to take it.

It would be nice if pundits blamed the player for once. She knew she was on a yellow and that refs were clamping down on timewasting. Yet she still choose to take over 15 seconds to take a free kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back