Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see why the ref gave it for 2 reasons

1. He's crap
2. From his angle it may have looked like a foul

But how can't VAR intervene with all its angles say "sorry Anthony, you've ballsed up another one so probably best come to the screen as he's dived".

He's going to see that now and say "wtf didn't you call me to the screen as he's dived and now it's another fcuk up I've made".

It's absolutely scandalous. This VAR simply needs to be stopped until they can start again with people who actually understand football can take control.
I thought it was a foul and a pen live too. So I have sympathy with the referee

But var is there to make sure we can overturn a penalty when the player has dived and we've all missed it.

What is the point of it

Penalty????
Game is finished, they had about 100 replays and still gave that.
Joke of a game these days and we let them continue to do it.
We need to claim the game back.

I'd rather the Everton team just walk off and we take a 3-0 defeat because these decisions are happening week in, week out game affer game.
How does Webb defend they mistake? It's impossible not to see from JUST ONE REPLAY that it's a dive

Kind of what I mean. When it takes that long it seems they looking for a reason to give it.

It was already given though. I just mean that VAR shouldn't ever even be taking that long. If it isn't a clear and obvious error then it should be finished quickly

Though yeah I agree, this was pretty clearly an obvious error but they are just useless. It should have been overturned pretty quickly

Was anyone watching the Burnley v Bournemouth game today?
Burnley equalised in the last minute and it went to VAR, after about 4 mins they showed a green line so it's a goal.
Hang on they said, let's check again, another couple of mins and it's a red line, no goal.
It needs binning until they learn to use it properly or we get better technology, it's an absolute joke.

Was anyone watching the Burnley v Bournemouth game today?
Burnley equalised in the last minute and it went to VAR, after about 4 mins they showed a green line so it's a goal.
Hang on they said, let's check again, another couple of mins and it's a red line, no goal.
It needs binning until they learn to use it properly or we get better technology, it's an absolute joke.
The offside stuff they should just use the semi automated solution other leagues and the word cup has..But then they couldn’t just move the lines where they want to to fit their agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back