Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switched it off. State of the game, just pay for the points and stop making us sit through this witless pre-ordained farce.
Was it Peter Walton earlier who said that the refs learned from Onana's (United) challenge on the Wolves player in their first game of the season, that wasn't given as a penalty, and then gave a penalty against Pickford a week later against Villa. He then said that they have regressed in not giving a penalty against the Chelsea keeper for the challenge on Jesus last weekend.

I'm not convinced that Pickford really touched the Villa player but the challenge was reckless and caused the Villa player to take evasive action. However, the other two incidents were very dangerous and could have resulted in serious injuries. Yet again, we are punished but the Big 6 darlings escape. Beggars belief.

Was it Peter Walton earlier who said that the refs learned from Onana's (United) challenge on the Wolves player in their first game of the season, that wasn't given as a penalty, and then gave a penalty against Pickford a week later against Villa. He then said that they have regressed in not giving a penalty against the Chelsea keeper for the challenge on Jesus last weekend.

I'm not convinced that Pickford really touched the Villa player but the challenge was reckless and caused the Villa player to take evasive action. However, the other two incidents were very dangerous and could have resulted in serious injuries. Yet again, we are punished but the Big 6 darlings escape. Beggars belief.

Imagine a competition that favoured participants that actually resigned from it the previous season.

Imagine a competition that took every measure to minimise disruption and competition to an elite few, even if it flew in the face of what had previously made you so successful.

Imagine a competition that corrupted additional levels of scrutiny and supplemented each wrongdoing with a narrative that defied belief.

Reward riches that were ill gotten at best. Devise a system that, somehow, punished a team more harshly for attempting to keep pace over not paying their bills. That, fluidly, changed definitions and rules depending on circumstance.

The Premier League. It will be unrecognisable withing five years.

Maupay got massively outpaced there by the Chelsea keeper
I don’t think it’s that he’s slow, I think it’s because he needs a few extra seconds to figure out what his feet is doing while running with the ball.
He’s not exactly a candidate for a doctorate, if you know what I mean.

Hang on a minute....when tarkowski stood his ground against Fulham it was a foul...
Newcastle do it and nothing given?
Consistent from the refs as per usual
And the Newcastle incident was in the 6 yard box were goalies do normally get protection from any kind of touch.

How are Ajax so bad given the league is full of teams that barely anyone on the planet has heard of?

in 4 years how do you go from being 10 seconds from a champions league final to bottom of a league full of bum teams ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back