• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

The fella he fouled had to leave the pitch, it was a real nasty tackle from behind on his Achilles.
Oh, thought Maupay had been rattled. Well, if there's a nasty been thrown in then it seems they've got one right in spite of themselves. Reckon Spurs wallop Burnley in a bit, so that's the kiss of death.

Oh, thought Maupay had been rattled. Well, if there's a nasty been thrown in then it seems they've got one right in spite of themselves. Reckon Spurs wallop Burnley in a bit, so that's the kiss of death.
The thing that stands out from DCLs challenge is that when he starts it, Clyne is nowhere near him, Clyne practically runs into DCLs leg.

This Gomes fella just snapped the fellas ankle as he was running away.

The thing that stands out from DCLs challenge is that when he starts it, Clyne is nowhere near him, Clyne practically runs into DCLs leg.

This Gomes fella just snapped the fellas ankle as he was running away.
Sounds real bad. In fact sounds malicious.
My issue with the Cal-Lewin episode, is he slid to control the ball which he did, expertly so no less. The ball was won, Clyne like you say charged into him on the deck. Lewin also purposefully kept his lower foot and leg out of the control so as to avoid the two footed aspect of danger. Ref couldn't red card him fast enough, a veritable orgy of self importance. Shame he can't be banned for England duty, that'd be rather fun.

Sounds real bad. In fact sounds malicious.
My issue with the Cal-Lewin episode, is he slid to control the ball which he did, expertly so no less. The ball was won, Clyne like you say charged into him on the deck. Lewin also purposefully kept his lower foot and leg out of the control so as to avoid the two footed aspect of danger. Ref couldn't red card him fast enough, a veritable orgy of self importance. Shame he can't be banned for England duty, that'd be rather fun.

I might be wrong after watching it more, it looked nastier in real time.

:hayee:

I might be wrong after watching it more, it looked nastier in real time.

:hayee:

He knew, by his reaction he's gone for the man, he'd need go-go gadget legs to address the ball from there. Brain miscalculation than outright nasty. Strange thing is, seen yellows for that previous.
Really hating football now, just seems to be a competition to remove the competition and gentrify the spectacle. Maybe it's just age and the slow dulling ache of time.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back