• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

They weren’t brave enough and, out of 2 poor sides, reckon we deserved it.
Sterling did go over a bit like Williem Dafoe in Platoon though...

platoon-dramatic.gif

You got to admit that one at least...

Commentators just said he’s top in Europe’s top 5 leagues for loads of different metrics including duels won, dribbles touches in box etc - elite they called him……
What metrics? Let’s see them. He’s absolutely never “elite” to my eyes, Phil Foden, Declan Rice, Bukayo Saka and Jude Bellingham are “elite” Conor Gallagher is absolutely nowhere near them. That’s laughable really.

Are these commentators neglecting this stat:

IMG_0953.webp

Last edited:
What metrics? Let’s see them. He’s absolutely never “elite” to my eyes, Phil Foden, Declan Rice, Bukayo Saka and Jude Bellingham are “elite” Conor Gallagher is absolutely nowhere near them. That’s laughable really.
With respect , if the commentators says he’s top ifEurope five leagues for duels, dribbling, ball retention, tackles or what ever it was…. I’m believing them

Roasting Declan rice also

1705159725843.webp

With respect , if the commentators says he’s top ifEurope five leagues for duels, dribbling, ball retention, tackles or what ever it was…. I’m believing them

Roasting Declan rice also

View attachment 241832
So where are these top in Europes top 5 leagues at anything to do with football stats? Are you really advocating from the above that Conor Gallagher is better than Declan Rice?! Good grief.

That's just saying he has had 20+ in a variety of categories, yes that's fairly impressive and you certainly wouldn't think it watching him but it doesn't put him in the top of the top 5 leagues. Here look at this (Also from Opta btw)

https://fbref.com/en/comps/Big5/Big-5-European-Leagues-Stats

You won't find him in any of the top10's on here for stuff, It's just the commentators talking Chelsea up at the end of the day mate.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back