2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely no influence from this fella. Not strong enough and not fast enough, at least one of which you need at this level

Did some stuff well. Did some stuff badly.

He isn't a complete midfielder, lacks the strength and confidence to be an enforcer. Lacks the confidence to play long balls effectively from deep. Lacks the pace and confidence to be a dynamic dribbling playmaker.

Despite all of this his positional sense isn't bad, his passing is acceptable and he makes some good off the ball runs occasionally. The lad will continue to improve over time and as his confidence increases. I understand why people don't see a player in him because they expect a lot but there is a player in there. He is already a completely acceptable midfielder for the premiership and he is only 21. Gets far too much stick.

Did some stuff well. Did some stuff badly.

He isn't a complete midfielder, lacks the strength and confidence to be an enforcer. Lacks the confidence to play long balls effectively from deep. Lacks the pace and confidence to be a dynamic dribbling playmaker.

Despite all of this his positional sense isn't bad, his passing is acceptable and he makes some good off the ball runs occasionally. The lad will continue to improve over time and as his confidence increases. I understand why people don't see a player in him because they expect a lot but there is a player in there. He is already a completely acceptable midfielder for the premiership and he is only 21. Gets far too much stick.
Stunned that anyone could think this.

He’s so slow and just gives the ball away too much. I just keep thinking that he wouldn’t be playing if we had Gbamin and Gomes fit. The alternative is Schneiderlin and we all don’t want to go there.

Some games he looks like the driving force in midfield, never great, but certainly acceptable, with movement and the odd chance of making a decent pass.

Other games (like today) he’s slow, weak and just struggles to do the basics.

A young player who is yet to turn into a reliable week to week EPL player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back