2021/22 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.

He’s a bog standard player able to do a bit part role for the majority of teams and would be steady but wouldn’t stand out in the poorer teams. He showed early promise but his ceiling was pretty low as is the case with most young players.

I think we used Barkley’s breakthrough when the team were in a good moment as a measuring stick. Davies has achieved plenty and appears to be a nice lad to boot, he doesn’t warrant vitriol.

He’s a bog standard player able to do a bit part role for the majority of teams and would be steady but wouldn’t stand out in the poorer teams. He showed early promise but his ceiling was pretty low as is the case with most young players.

I think we used Barkley’s breakthrough when the team were in a good moment as a measuring stick. Davies has achieved plenty and appears to be a nice lad to boot, he doesn’t warrant vitriol.
Exactly

If Allan, DVB, Delph aren't fit would you start Tom as a six over Gomes? You know what I think I might he would give his all to save us I know that

If Allan, DVB, Delph aren't fit would you start Tom as a six over Gomes? You know what I think I might he would give his all to save us I know that
Coming in for a game like this after a long lay-off would be a big ask for a good player, never mind Davies.

I'd rather just put Iwobi back in the middle.

Are we giving up on Godfrey? He has such amazing pace but he’s not been great has he. Were Spurs rumoured to be keen, I’d move him on for a good fee
I think we've seen enough, if we're honest. Poor in the air, technically very limited, a "good athlete". So was Paula Radcliffe. And he's more Paula than Kevin as far as I can see. He's had the best part of two years here. It's been deeply underwhelming.

Coming in for a game like this after a long lay-off would be a big ask for a good player, never mind Davies.
That's fair comment, but then you think of the alternative. Andre Gomes. At least Davies would provide some energy. I am no fan of the skat8erboy, but needs must. Playing with Gomes is playing with 10. Playing with Davies is playing with fire. Hobson's choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.