2021/22 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understandable his confidence is low when his own 'fans' have the opinion of him they do.
Its up to him to change the fans opinion.

He's been part of the first team squad long enough now. He's not a prospect anymore and his performances and contributions are nil.

People say he gets stick because he's local lad but if anything he's had a long stay of execution because he's local,the club will want him involved only to show that it can still produce home grown talent.

Confidence.

Or the lack of it.
No wonder a lot of our young players have fallen short. They’ve had several different managers and staff telling them loads of different things. It has nowt to do with what he wears although I do like how that winds some lads up. Simply, there’s been no continuity or plan.
When you watch that goal against city it’s a totally different player.

413440FA-986E-42FD-A15B-134C57E7CEF6.jpeg

Can't expect a central defender to hold the line and make runs like a striker. Davies will never again get an opportunity like that to make a name for himself. Imagine scoring an Everton winner at Old Trafford. He's had more than enough time to show that he's got what it takes to make it, but he's failed miserably and gone backwards horribly. End of the season tell him to find a new club.

Davies probably passed because he knew if he missed he would be slaughtered. This is why being negative about players back fires. 3 years ago Davies isn't even thinking of passing but he's been in and out of side he's bound to read forums he knew if he didn't score he gets slaughtered. He took the soft option and unfortunately he still gets slaughtered.

Tbh mate i doubt when the ball fell to him he was thinking about matty1878 or davek.
Ive watched it a few times. The first touch wasnt the best.
But i doubt he will ever get that much space in a game at a ground like that ever again.
If he brings that in one or two steps more and side foots that with accuracy and pace along the floor to de gea's left its man u 1 Everton 2.
Just not buying the pass option.
Christ if he doesnt shoot with that sort of space and time i doubt he'll ever shoot again.
Thats his. All day long.

I just think he looked up and saw the pass. Sometimes we read too much into things.
I appreciate this but the shot was on... It was harder to pass. He relinquished responsibility by passing it. First season Davies would have buried it.

He plays far much in his own head these days and he's more inclined to do the safe thing instead of actually doing what needs to be done. Which in my previous post says results in him being next to no use to us on the pitch,at times he's a hinderence.

Am not some Tom Davies hater coming on here because it irks me that he wears mad clobber and rides a skateboard. I've wanted Tom to kick on some much but it's just not happening, he's really not premier league level.

Status
Not open for further replies.