2022/23 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should’ve scored, but it was another good performance from him today.

Be interesting to see how many minutes he gets this season with Garner, Gana, Onana all coming in, Doucoure when he’s back from injury and Iwobi playing well

Be interesting to see how many minutes he gets this season with Garner, Gana, Onana all coming in, Doucoure when he’s back from injury and Iwobi playing well
With performances like he's been putting in it gives Lampard a lot to consider and having someone talented enough to play as a 6,8 or 10 and is still developing while not throwing a tantrum for being brought off is a massive asset for the club.

He had a decent game but I just feel he sits in the team and doesn’t do an awful lot while being mentally slow added to a poor touch he’s just a mistake waiting to happen I’ve always wanted Tom to do well but it’s time he was a very very bit part player which I’m sure one of the young lads could be or moved on.

Thought he did well yesterday but think his playing time is going to be very limited going forward. Gueye, Onana and Iwobi look like they will be the first choice 3 and with Garner as well I think he is going to find it difficult.

Thought he did well yesterday but think his playing time is going to be very limited going forward. Gueye, Onana and Iwobi look like they will be the first choice 3 and with Garner as well I think he is going to find it difficult.

Hopefully he can ride off into the sunset end of season with this head held high

He had a decent game but I just feel he sits in the team and doesn’t do an awful lot while being mentally slow added to a poor touch he’s just a mistake waiting to happen I’ve always wanted Tom to do well but it’s time he was a very very bit part player which I’m sure one of the young lads could be or moved on.
He almost had a goal and an assist yesterday. He also battled hard for every ball and was very much involved in us keeping our defensive shape when we needed it.

Is it possible Garner comes in and Iwobi moves wide right? Harsh on Iwobi after his great form but nice to have a dilemma like this after last season's midfield shambles.

It’s good to have options

The redshite used all 5 subs yesterday and looked fresher than us at the end

I think we used 3

He almost had a goal and an assist yesterday. He also battled hard for every ball and was very much involved in us keeping our defensive shape when we needed it.
Yes yesterday he played well but look around the squad onana looks very good early days I know iwobi totally changed I think they’re the kind of player we need to be looking at Tom Davies could probably of done with a loan away to try and push on with his career I don’t feel like he’s progressed very much and think fans are fed up with seeing us holding on to academy players for far too long I don’t think he’s good enough long term, right now he can do a job but if we want to build something here and get anywhere near top 6 again we don’t need players like Davies.

Yes yesterday he played well but look around the squad onana looks very good early days I know iwobi totally changed I think they’re the kind of player we need to be looking at Tom Davies could probably of done with a loan away to try and push on with his career I don’t feel like he’s progressed very much and think fans are fed up with seeing us holding on to academy players for far too long I don’t think he’s good enough long term, right now he can do a job but if we want to build something here and get anywhere near top 6 again we don’t need players like Davies.
He's still developing as a player and I think he has shown enough this season so far to show he belongs. Who knows what is in the future and Lampards vision but the young man has earned acknowledgement for playing well all season.

Will admit he had a decent first half, again like Vs Leeds was fairly anonymous second half, not sure whether it's fitness or something

His first touch does let him down a lot though

Was unlucky not to score

He's still developing as a player and I think he has shown enough this season so far to show he belongs. Who knows what is in the future and Lampards vision but the young man has earned acknowledgement for playing well all season.
Yes I do think there is still time for him and he is worth keeping hold of but soon as he starts making mistakes fans will be right on his back he really needs to be pushing on now can’t keep hold of him forever because he’s on low wages or come through the academy he needs to start showing his worth and as you say so far this season he’s doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.