2022/23 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most Everton thing about this saga is not
(a) we have to offer a player of this level an extension to his contract because this is the best we can get;
(b) that it is taking an age to sort;
(c ) that we need to overhaul the squad and the big talking point is a contract extension for Davies; but that Davies may turn the offer down.

The talk is that Davies staying means funds aren't required to bring in another CM as back up. Meaning it can be used elsewhere.

The only reason Davies is being offered a contract. Take that reason out of it, it would be criminal.

Personally think he'll go, if he wants to play football, he has to go find somewhere to play. For his own sake.

Worth keeping if his new contract is him on around £5k a month.
I don't think he's worth keeping at all, he's got a weak mentality and has been rubbish for years, we don't need 'backup' players who are several leagues below in quality vs our starting 11. Even for free, we don't need people like him around the squad, we need a clearout.

For a moment I thought Ancelotti might get a rune out of him. But he doesn't get assists, goals, and doesn't boss the midfield or protect defence.

I've waited years for the likes of Tom Davies, JJK, Holgate and to some extent DCL merit the kind of long-term support they've had. JJK at least looked feisty which Davies does his best to do.

The reality is McNeil and Iwobi do more as wing backs that can drop in and offer waaaaaaay more going forward with pace and goals. So I think we won't miss him if he goes (best wishes, and thanks for 'that' goal from the wing vs Cit-eh), but sort of more interested in what his space in the squad opens up for us...

I don't think he's worth keeping at all, he's got a weak mentality and has been rubbish for years, we don't need 'backup' players who are several leagues below in quality vs our starting 11. Even for free, we don't need people like him around the squad, we need a clearout.

Our backup players quickly become first team players and he’s nowhere near good enough to be one.

People say squad player as though they’re never going to see the pitch. He will, and even if it’s only for a few minutes he’s so slow and ponderous he could cost us points.

Status
Not open for further replies.