Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with some of you about a loan move, but with the 23s doing well I'd suspect many may be reluctant to leave on loan
Something I said last week, I think Koeman has got this bit right. He's got Davies and Holgate training with the first team squad and if not in the PL squad on match day playing for the U23s to keep them match fit. While I think he's good enough to play regularly in a Championship side and thus gain more experience, I'd balance that with what you would hope is a better training regime at Finch Farm under Koeman and Unsy, and the potential for more exposure to the PL even if he doesn't start many game.

Something I said last week, I think Koeman has got this bit right. He's got Davies and Holgate training with the first team squad and if not in the PL squad on match day playing for the U23s to keep them match fit. While I think he's good enough to play regularly in a Championship side and thus gain more experience, I'd balance that with what you would hope is a better training regime at Finch Farm under Koeman and Unsy, and the potential for more exposure to the PL even if he doesn't start many game.
Good point re having him around the first team squad. I'll be surprised if he doesn't get some game time on Friday, ideal opportunity.

Personally think he should be loaned out to a Championship or League One club. He really showed his inexperience when he lost the ball in our 18 yard box and he was lucky it didn't cost us.

With Guaye off playing tournament football, he is better off filling in with us, up against quality opposition. Besides with McCarthy out with hamstring again, Davies will see plenty of first team action.

I was hoping he might get a proper chance against Hull, I would like to see him starting. I see a benefit in keeping some young players around the first team squad rather than sending them out n loan. There is definitely a benefit in having a young player in the squad even though he may not get a great deal of game time, providing he does go back to under 23s to stay match fit. If a young player gets the belief he is a first teamed and takes confidence from it and also accepts the responsibility then this can only be good.
I would like to see Davies starting against Hull provided we have a good plan B.

The fact he came on ahead of Cleverley should hopefully have some sort of say on Clev's future at Everton.

same, but then sadly cleverley still came on. I see joe mason going for £13m to hull and start to think we can actually get between £15m-£20m for cleverley, a player who offers us absolutely nothing. Mason never even got close to being a regular at spurs and cleverley is better than him, can't see us getting more than about £7m for him though. He has to go by the summer at the latest though for me.

Didn't do anything Cleverly didn't. Don't see the fuss

This is the problem

He came on and was 'ok' , Nothing special by any stretch, Barry is superior in every department but is seeing a bad run of form

Davies should be used as a sub and nothing else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back