• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Tonight's internationals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Far too mature and sensible an analysis.

Can you come back all emotional and touchy, after drinking a bottle of scotch, and throw accusations about.

Its how we all roll.

Fair enough.

Luxembourg can **** right off, for a start. I'd almost got my hopes up that the goddamned french wouldn't qualify for this bloody tournament but so much for that.

Bet Platini bribed the corrupt bunch of arse licking stuck up shitheads. Shouldn't even be a bloody country.

Fair enough.

Luxembourg can **** right off, for a start. I'd almost got my hopes up that the goddamned french wouldn't qualify for this bloody tournament but so much for that.

Bet Platini bribed the corrupt bunch of arse licking stuck up shitheads. Shouldn't even be a bloody country.

Much more like it.

Fair enough.

Quality. Now that's an opinion.

Fair enough.

applauds*

You don't bite like Ghost though so you're hardly any fun.

I wish Scotland weren't so bloody awful, either. When they're as bad as they are now I can't even get any joy out of them losing.

I'm pretty sure the SFA only hired Levein as a bizarre form of capitulation, like when you were getting totally thrashed at football as a kid and started scoring deliberate own goals and pretending that you hadn't been trying, just out of spite.

I wish Scotland weren't so bloody awful, either. When they're as bad as they are now I can't even get any joy out of them losing.

I'm pretty sure the SFA only hired Levein as a bizarre form of capitulation, like when you were getting totally thrashed at football as a kid and started scoring deliberate own goals and pretending that you hadn't been trying, just out of spite.

Agreed mate. It's just cruel knowing that were [Poor language removed] and nothing can be done about it, and lets be honest, absolutely no reason for any optimism in the foreseeable future. Such a Scottish thing that, abstract despair.

Is right, I love them for it.

In all seriousness, we didn't play well. We came up against a good defensive display and, just like against Algeria, we didn't know what to do. There wasn't a siege on their goal, we just weren't able to play the ball into danger areas anywhere near enough. We ran out of inspiration in midfield.

But, these things happen. I'll take 7 points out of three games quite happily and one bad performance doesn't take away from two good ones. End of the day we just want to qualify and I think we'll do that. Montenegro look like being our main rivals and they have ten points from four games with a far inferior goal difference. We win our game in hand, we go top and I've seen nothing from any of Switzerland, Bulgaria or Wales to make me fear them.

If Montenegro can keep pace with us over the next four games, fair enough, it'll all come down to what happens at their place but, frankly, I'd be impressed if they do, they're a small inexperienced country who nobody expected much of.

I'm still reasonably happy with how things are going, all in all.

Last edited:
Agreed mate. It's just cruel knowing that were [Poor language removed] and nothing can be done about it, and lets be honest, absolutely no reason for any optimism in the foreseeable future. Such a Scottish thing that, abstract despair.

Is right, I love them for it.

[Poor language removed] me, its McChicoazul.

The night drave on wi' sangs an' clatter;
And aye the forem was growing better:
The BBIMV and Azul grew gracious,
Wi' favours secret, sweet, and precious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back