Tonight's turnout

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a one off though wasn't it... How many away fans take the numbers we do in our position? There is only one that I can think of and that is Leeds who have it a lot worse than us admittedly, but then they are a one club city and it's the 3rd biggest in the country with no big rivals close to them.

Sunderland and Newcastle get decent turnouts given the distance they travel and with them being poor teams, but they have a quite a few followings each season where they only get about 1,000 and most of the time they claim sell outs when they've taken the smallest allocation possible.

Last night was our worse following for decades and was purely down to our season being over and fans taking a stand against the current situation.

I also don't agree with people point scoring over who did/didn't go. Fair play to those who went, but I don't blame anyone for giving it a miss last night. The players didn't deserve any support and the manager will be gone very soon.

I'm sure other teams who don't sell out have their reasons too. I don't have a problem with it. Someone above got it spot on before, it's a leisure activity to go the match, a choice, you don't deserve credit for going a match. I don't buy the poor hard done to away fan story. It's a privileged position to be in to go the match when you want. Anyone who went the match in the 80s will tell you. Some of our support was in the low hundreds at aways, now it's generally thousands it's more a case of how up and coming the City of Liverpool is, rather than our fans are now great all of a sudden because we usually take loads away.

People voting with their feet. Two Celebrations within a few days with an Everton side that can't be bothered. Anyone that went to the shameful display at Leicester then up to Sunderland deserves sympathy and respectful comment as a minimum........

thats what real fans do ...........you kids wouldn't know that :dodgy:

No, that's what some people choose to do with their disposable income and spare time. Other people choose not to or can't afford the time or money. Nothing to do with whether they are a 'real' fan, as that line of barely thinking shouldn't exist to anyone over the age of 12.

I may be being overly narky to a tongue in cheek post. In which case, sorry!

I wouldn't have went to Sunderland last night if you paid for my ticket, transport and gave me £200 on top.

Funnily enough, I was there last night and what you said almost exactly describes my circumstances.

Drive up for the match, meet @Mikey_Fitzgerald , watch 90 minutes of dross, stay over on expenses ( not with Mikey, I like the lad but don't necessarily want to sleep with him ) then spend the morning in Darlington while getting paid.

Apart from the footie ... happy days.

No, that's what some people choose to do with their disposable income and spare time. Other people choose not to or can't afford the time or money. Nothing to do with whether they are a 'real' fan, as that line of barely thinking shouldn't exist to anyone over the age of 12.

I may be being overly narky to a tongue in cheek post. In which case, sorry!
Boooooooo. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.