Tony Cottee on TalkSport

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are missing my the point, he said “partly”.
Obviously we are a tactical mess and it’s down to Koeman. But if you are Sandro or Klaassen for example and are in a new country and league, in and out the team, you probably think you are not going to get booed after a handful of appearances.

Totally agree. Now smile and sing nice things about *insert name of confidence shorn /out of form player*

Thats like saying you shouldn't be a teacher if you can't take the grief off kids or a copper if you can take threats of physical violence. NO ONE wants to be abused, no matter what they get paid. We do not have the right to call someone a useless c*** cos we paid for a season ticket.

Also, what is the point, it only has a negative effect. not one person gains anything from shouting at the players apart from the whopper who actually shouts, looking like a faux-super fan.
It happens in every ground and has done for years. Dont buy it as an excuse I'm sorry.
I don't agree with it but players need to rise above it and kick on.

What a stupid thing to say.
I’m just passing on what I’ve heard Finners. Personally I think there’s some truth in it.
There are support groups available for those suffering from the side effects of steroid abuse.

You're not alone in this and rest assured, your penis will one day return to its original size.
I had to take steroids to make my penis fit in my pants.
Not going to dignify this with an answer I'm afraid.

*Missed a spot
Shocking behaviour.

I had to take steroids to make my penis fit in my pants
Is it still a right fit?

ken-doll-in-boxer-briefs-underwear.jpg

Was just on there this morning saying that the downturn in form could be partially down the the negative attitude of the fans. What do we reckon to that? I reckon there could be some truth in it.

The fans are negative because we are being served up *****

Show some tempo, creativity and work ethic and we are the most supportive fans around. Show the opposite and we will let you know about it.

You are missing my the point, he said “partly”.
Obviously we are a tactical mess and it’s down to Koeman.

Think most people are missing the partly to be honest and have exchanged it with it's ALL the crowds fault to engage operation maximum fume.

As Southall said it's all about making yourself that 1% better in every area, there is little doubt in my mind that it is a problem and even if it causes 1 or 2% performance drop off, (probably more like 5 at least in reality) we need every single percentage point in our favour at the moment.

No one is saying everyone should give them a standing ovation after losing to Burnley, boo away, give them what for. I would even extend that to if you are losing or drawing and then someone can't even make a simple pass when in a good position in the 80 something minute. But for most of the game it would be better to make it a little less hostile for us, it just feeds the opposition and I'm pretty sure it is supposed to be the other way around.

I assume that this didn't actually happen and was just a wind up post, but seeing as some people have jumped on the bandwagon I think we need to debunk it.

The argument can be put to bed by one very very very simple fact: Our away form is worse than our home form. If our problems are being caused by the fans, why are they magnified when we're not playing in front of them? It doesn't make any sense does it? Of course it doesn't, because it's utter tripe.

Add to this that most people's reaction to negativity is to attempt to turn the situation round. If your mrs is annoyed that you didn't do the dishes you buy her some flowers, if your boss is annoyed that you were late you knuckle down and work hard all day to balance it out, if your mate's got the hump because you didn't come out for his birthday you get him out and buy him a pint. It stands to reason then that if the players were concerned about the negativity of the crowd they would attempt to lift it. We're simple folk in the main, a couple of crunching tackles, chase down the keeper at full speed, get the ball forward with pace, and the crowd will start roaring. They don't do it though do they? They keep doing the things which make the crowd anxious and unhappy, so it would appear they're not overly concerned.

I can only assume that anyone who genuinely believes the crowd is to blame has never been to an away game. This goes on at all grounds, I remember hearing fans at Carlisle giving their players a load of stick a couple of years ago because they were struggling to contain our team full of internationals. Booing and hounding individuals is an issue, certainly, but general edginess and complaining about mis-placed passes or wayward set pieces is just part of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back