Tony Hibbert

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad seamus was given a rest yesterday we will need him badly on sunday. Hibbo gives you a solid presence and his form this year has caught us all by surprise. but we do need a cover for seamus it's true.

Once again, brilliant management by Martinez. The way he has kept Hibbert and Osman involved when many said they were spent forces has been excellent. In the same way he knew more than anyone on here which was the best game to give Garbutt a start in. Hibbo has now filled in and played soundly all across the back for Everton..right back, centre back and left back. Ossie is playing better than when he was picked for England. Its called 'How To Use A Squad' and our manager has got it nailed.

Am I the only one that thought Hibbert was poor. That first half performance was embarrassing and I can count at least 4 times where he was so far out of position, it looked like we didnt start with a right back. Got skinned many a time down that right and bar good fortune and the rub of the green, they didnt capitalize.

The final scoreline brushed his performance under the carpet. Ive watched the game twice now and I cant see why people think he had a good game. Tony has multiple arseholes this morning after that. Again the scoreline has given everyone a lift and its easy to concentrate on the positives, fair enough, but lets not get carried away and lie that certain players had good games.

Am I the only one that thought Hibbert was poor. That first half performance was embarrassing and I can count at least 4 times where he was so far out of position, it looked like we didnt start with a right back. Got skinned many a time down that right and bar good fortune and the rub of the green, they didnt capitalize.

The final scoreline brushed his performance under the carpet. Ive watched the game twice now and I cant see why people think he had a good game. Tony has multiple arseholes this morning after that. Again the scoreline has given everyone a lift and its easy to concentrate on the positives, fair enough, but lets not get carried away and lie that certain players had good games.

I'm in the same boat. He look very, very poor in the first 20-30 minutes. He improved but was still our worse player on the pitch. I know he was coached as a very Moyes type defender (old school, hard tackling), and he is improving with the modern approach fullbacks have. But he's simply not good enough. We need better RB cover. We need a decent run out from Browning to see if he's up for it.

For everyone worrying what hibbo gives us going forward you need to look at the system the manager is playing. Last night it was obvious the fb's were told to stay at home, how many attacking players do we need , we had kev ,eto'o, rom, and aiden . Tactics worked perfectly.
You can honestly say that Hibbert had a good game last night? Kinell

Go and watch the game again. Now that you know the outcome of the game, you can look at individual performances. He was very poor. As was Eto'o, so he wasnt the only one. I dont want to piss on our great away result in europe but lets not get giddy about performances.

On any other night we would of been 4-1 down at halftime through attacks coming down our right. Chasing shadows throughout that 1st half and was all over the place. The one time he touched the ball (bar taking a throw) he sliced it into the air trying to clear... which again, led to another attack.

Perisic destroyed him in the 1st 30 but he recovered nicely. Perisic was pretty much invisible in the 2nd half. He does other little things that help as well for example anytime there is a ball bouncing around in the box after a free kick and the rest of the defense is out to sea, Tony is usually the guy who clears it out.

Martinez does send him forward too much though and especially in 1st 30 min he got skinned (granted part of that was due to the midfield constantly turning it over).

Hibbert and Osman = the scape goats for Everton fc, war in iraq, war in syria, world hunger & Poverty. Lets just lynch them and have it over and done with.

Hibbert and Osman = the scape goats for Everton fc, war in iraq, war in syria, world hunger & Poverty. Lets just lynch them and have it over and done with.
If they have decent games then people will say that. There is no scapegoats but if you're consistently playing a bit poo it gets noticed.

I seem to remember Howard, Jagielka, Distin, McCarthy, McGeady, Pienaar, Barkley, Lukaku as others that have had more than a few 'poor' moments this season and those performances have been talked about. There is no scapegoat.

If they have decent games then people will say that. There is no scapegoats but if you're consistently playing a bit poo it gets noticed.

I seem to remember Howard, Jagielka, Distin, McCarthy, McGeady, Pienaar, Barkley, Lukaku as others that have had more than a few 'poor' moments this season and those performances have been talked about. There is no scapegoat.

Dont you dare talk about McCarthy like that ! In all seriousness though, i was shot down a few ago for saying Lukaku was playing crap, i also said Barkley isnt showing consistency to be world class - again i was shot down, it seems some players are bulletproof whilst Osman and Hibbert will always be slated, okay if they are poo then thats fine but Hibbert hasnt done much wrong and still he is given a rough ride.

He made a run at one point last night and Eto'o didn't pass him the ball. Never thought i'd see Sammy Eto'o apologising for not playing a through ball to Tony Hibbert....

Dont you dare talk about McCarthy like that ! In all seriousness though, i was shot down a few ago for saying Lukaku was playing crap, i also said Barkley isnt showing consistency to be world class - again i was shot down, it seems some players are bulletproof whilst Osman and Hibbert will always be slated, okay if they are poo then thats fine but Hibbert hasnt done much wrong and still he is given a rough ride.
McCarthy in our first few games was way off the boil. You wont remember that because of how great he is playing now. Go into the mccarthy thread and find posts from august/september.

Hibbert was poor last night. His last couple of games before this he looked fine, but last night the scoreline brought attention elsewhere.

McCarthy in our first few games was way off the boil. You wont remember that because of how great he is playing now. Go into the mccarthy thread and find posts from august/september.

Hibbert was poor last night. His last couple of games before this he looked fine, but last night the scoreline brought attention elsewhere.

Im joking about McCarthy blue, i know he started slowly, i think the whole team did, problem being we had some tough games, like Chelsea, United, Liverpool etc etc......

.....he was up against a real goodun. Coleman would've had his hands full to be fair. The game was back to the wall for large parts, which suits him, fine diving header clearance towards the end. I'm not a fan but he's done fine as cover.

You can honestly say that Hibbert had a good game last night? Kinell

Go and watch the game again. Now that you know the outcome of the game, you can look at individual performances. He was very poor. As was Eto'o, so he wasnt the only one. I dont want to piss on our great away result in europe but lets not get giddy about performances.

On any other night we would of been 4-1 down at halftime through attacks coming down our right. Chasing shadows throughout that 1st half and was all over the place. The one time he touched the ball (bar taking a throw) he sliced it into the air trying to clear... which again, led to another attack.
your talking about the first 20 minutes ,as long as I've been watching football the games over 90. Playing against a player every evertonian has said we would put straight in our side he struggled to contain him then him and mc geady looked excellent culminating with peresic changing sides to get some joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back