Tony Hibbert's the best center back in the world! (well the emergancy one anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But your missing the point, nobody is saying Hibbert should be sold. As TxB said hes a good player to have in the squad, he would provide decent back up, but if we as a Club want to advance, it cant be done with players as limited as Tony Hibbert and Leon Osman, who most would agree have been the weak links in our team for a number of seasons.

Who do you want us to buy for right back?

I wouldn't fancy anyone chances against Chelsea.

Coleman deserves a go, even if he gets ripped apart by Chelsea. If not him then Neill, who has hardly had a consistent run in the side.

Remains to be seen mate, as much as I fancy my chances with Hibbert there who got destroyed on Cup Final day.

We're going to lose, lets have a go at them and see.

They destroy the best teams in the world on a regular basis.
I'm not sure we can keep blaming Hibbert for our loss, any more than we can blame Jags and co for missing their penalties in the Euefa cup.
The FA Cup isn't about one match after all, but several battles, in which Hibbert did his share to keep us progressing. (y)

They destroy the best teams in the world on a regular basis.
I'm not sure we can keep blaming Hibbert for our loss, any more than we can blame Jags and co for missing their penalties in the Euefa cup.
The FA Cup isn't about one match after all, but several battles, in which Hibbert did his share to keep us progressing. (y)

Yes but he was utter [Poor language removed] in the final when we needed him most really mate.
I think he actually might be THE Tony Hibbert. Or wants to bum him.

Yes but he was utter [Poor language removed] in the final when we needed him most really mate.

The team lost the final.:dodgy:
Hibbert had a bad game, but he didn't lose us the match. For every minute after Sahas goal, we sat back and waited for the inevitable.

The team lost the final.:dodgy:
Hibbert had a bad game, but he didn't lose us the match. For every minute after Sahas goal, we sat back and waited for the inevitable.

His inept defending allowed Malouda to rip the entire team to pieces and destabilise the team.
Dear Lord.
Listen mate, we know you like him a lot and it's lovely but he's a bit awful at times and we need to replace him.

Coleman showed that.

I actually think Tim Howard would be a better Right Back than Hibbert. I actually think this season Howard has been the best Keeper in the Prem.

That right there folks, thats how you bait somebody.

His inept defending allowed Malouda to rip the entire team to pieces and destabilise the team.
Dear Lord.
Listen mate, we know you like him a lot and it's lovely but he's a bit awful at times and we need to replace him.

Coleman showed that.

I just appreciate the guys efforts over the years. :)

Coleman hasn't showed anything other than having one great game. I would love Coleman to be the answer, but let's not get carried away just yet.

Absolutely, he'll take time mate to develop. But he should start against Chelsea and no mistake.

I'm thrilled for the young lad.
When we signed him, I had a little gut feeling he might be worth the gamble, and you'll always see me fighting for the kids.
If he gets wacked by Chelsea though, he could get the stuffing knocked out of him.
2nd half cameo at best I feel. Patience is often rewarded.

He was not anywhere near fit for the final though was he, you spicy horror. Hibbert is a cracking defender, but very limited going forward, he is simply the product of an Everton era where attackers let alone attacking full backs were not the order of the day. I'm not up for chastising a first teamer that has done a great job for us, especially when we are so many first teamers short. Hibbert = Colossus.

I'm thrilled for the young lad.
When we signed him, I had a little gut feeling he might be worth the gamble, and you'll always see me fighting for the kids.
If he gets wacked by Chelsea though, he could get the stuffing knocked out of him.
2nd half cameo at best I feel. Patience is often rewarded.

Spot on BB, Hibbo got an early card at Wembley and went down hill from there. Gus Hid spotted our weakness which was in part down to Ossie never covering Hibbo as the Pieman does for Baines..............Moyes will go with experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back