Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Carlo will play the 4 in midfield. Would be exciting to see DCL, Richy and Kean up front together. But Carlos Italian frame of mind will see 442 start.

I dont expect to see much 442 away from home this year. I dont think its the right system either. We need to be flexible and only play 442 when we will have control of a match.

I dont expect to see much 442 away from home this year. I dont think its the right system either. We need to be flexible and only play 442 when we will have control of a match.
Yet I expect 442 to start at most away games. But Carlo will shift his formation as the game progresses if we are winning or losing

Pickford
Coleman Keane mina Digne
Doucoure Gomes siggy
Walcott DCL Richarlison

II reckon it will be that. I can't see him wanting to change too many in the first game, seeing as they've only just arrived a week ago. Maybe Allan for Doucoure? Then drop the others in as subs through the game, depending on performance
I think you’re probably right. Allan before Doucoure though

I can see Doucoure and Kenny, Walcott, Bernard all starting.

Pickford, Kenny, Keane, Mina, Digne, Walcott, Gomes, Doucoure, Bernard, Richarlison, DCL.

The sooner we can replace Kenny, Walcott and Bernard with better players the sooner we'll be able to think about a decent league position this season.

Hopefully both Allan and James will get at least 30 minutes today. Would be utterly delighted if all three started in a narrow 433 with no Bernard or Walcott in the side.

In any case it should be our strongest bench in some years today.

Think we'll lose by the odd goal, most likely from Kane as he loves scoring against us.

I think you’re probably right. Allan before Doucoure though
I only went with Doucoure, with him being used to premiership football already. My heart would say Allan, Doucoure and Gomes, but going with caution, can see him leaving the new players from abroad, out of the starting line up

I only went with Doucoure, with him being used to premiership football already. My heart would say Allan, Doucoure and Gomes, but going with caution, can see him leaving the new players from abroad, out of the starting line up
Yep I think your lineup will be spot on with one of Allan or Doucoure starting. Whichever of the two doesn’t start can then come on around the 60min mark for Sigurdsson to give us some fresh legs

Status
Not open for further replies.