Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah... A new season! How I have missed the mad predictions of goal scorers, times, methods of scoring and number of sugars in the goalkeeper's tea! How I have missed the new fad of people saying lockdown football is rubbish and they don't watch it then commenting 50 times during the match! And who could forget the doom and gloom predictions and cry arsing about team selection?

I just can’t see him not starting Gylfi for some reason.
An experienced head will probably get him in the line up.

Obvs I wouldn't want him anywhere near it, but maybe Carlo thinks, with him being a decent player once, maybe he just needs the right players alongside him?

I just can’t see him not starting Gylfi for some reason.
Gylfi strikes me as the type of player who'll do far better with better players around him. If opposition defenders are kept busy watching Richarlson and James then Gylfi is exactly the man you need 10-15 yards outside the box in the space created by having another top forward on the field.

Gylfi strikes me as the type of player who'll do far better with better players around him. If opposition defenders are kept busy watching Richarlson and James then Gylfi is exactly the man you need 10-15 yards outside the box in the space created by having another top forward on the field.

No, stop, any and all supporting of Gylfi in an Everton shirt should be a perma ban.

The opposite strikes me, he did well at Swansea with lesser players around him. He just seems to have stopped playing, needs a new challenge, America is what he needs.

Get James playing! Sick of the ‘he’s only been here a week’ talk. I remember when managers used to rush to get the players signed on time to play in time not 2 weeks settling in at training etc
If his level of fitness is so bad that he would be less effective than a fully fit Gylfi then that surely means he's actually in a coma

Status
Not open for further replies.