Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone rusty and nervy, like the first shock of cold water - interesting to see who gets over it and comes out twice as good in the second half.

Before my stream fell apart I found that not too painful on the eyes. More of that and without var interference and we might actually have a pleasant season.

For the first game of a new season and 3 new players in the side very happy with that 45 minutes. New players settling in well, we are playing much better. As soon as this team gets used to each other we will destroy quite a few teams.

Have to agree with the striker shouts.. DCL right now doesn't seem to fit in this team.

Let’s not forget how much of a decent side this Spurs team are. Son has always caused us problems, Coleman really up against with him.

We've been good on the ball to a point, but it's still extremely ponderous and slow. Doucoure and Allan both look a little bit nervous and, although good battlers, aren't really quick. Add that to a slow centre back pairing and we're not able to pin Spurs back like we should be with the amount of possession we've had. Hopefully James can come up with something and we win 1-0.
Agree. Without Pickfords very good saves we would be 1 or 2 goals behind. Play is to slow and up top Bambi is not good enough and Richarlison out of form.

To my very untrained American eye, it looks like Everton are actually trying? I'm not used to seeing the players in the middle trying--and succeeding--when it comes to winning the ball and moving it forward. I like it.

....encouraging, far less exposed in CM allowing the likes of Gomes and Rodriguez to play. We need to win, though, and not succumb to what is usually inevitable.

We still look vulnerable at the back with opposition getting in behind despite us sitting very deep, what a difference if we had a couple of players with real pace and power back there. Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Don’t settle for a good performance, don’t settle for anything less than a win.

I think if we had a RB + CB with pace we'd be far higher up the pitch and James would really come into his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.