Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was frustrated with Danjuma initially today but in hindsight, having hit the woodwork and gone within a whisker of scoring when the keepers thigh kept it from crossing the line I guess it’s hard to be too hard on him.
The first (I think) shot he took on when DCL and Beto were in box being a prime reason, but attackers attack and want to score goals I guess.

I really don't like feeling happy after a defeat, doesn't sit with me well. But it's hard not to be broadly optimistic after how we played. The nonsense VAR aside, so so frustrating we gifted them the game in the first 20 minutes.

A very brief look on Spurs forum suggests its is universal that they know they've massively got away with that today.

Glad at least our club is getting some respect back after an utterly horrible couple of years.

After reflecting on the game for a few hours I have to say I'm pretty positive about it. Disappointed maybe that we didnt get anything out of it but from the 2nd Spurs goal onwards - thats probably the best performance since Brighton away last season.

I thought we controlled the game well and Gomes' passing was a real game changer. I think Dobbin might have been a better change than Danjuma as he has real pace.

Strange feeling not to be fewming at some of the decisions, probably as I think we'll be top 10 easily. Higher if we get the points back.

Yes maybe he could but he forces the keeper into a great save hit the bar and had another shot just over, he’s an attacking player, like McNeil and Harrison and he’s liked more dangerous in 20 minutes than them two all game
Danjuma is a forward - almost exclusively. McNeil and Harrison are wide men with primary defensive duties. Completely different roles. I want to see Danjuma do well but he can't be compared with those 2. He would never be able to play a defensive role.

I really don't like feeling happy after a defeat, doesn't sit with me well. But it's hard not to be broadly optimistic after how we played. The nonsense VAR aside, so so frustrating we gifted them the game in the first 20 minutes.

A very brief look on Spurs forum suggests its is universal that they know they've massively got away with that today.

Glad at least our club is getting some respect back after an utterly horrible couple of years.

i can never be anything upset when as lose no matter

Danjuma is a forward - almost exclusively. McNeil and Harrison are wide men with primary defensive duties. Completely different roles. I want to see Danjuma do well but he can't be compared with those 2. He would never be able to play a defensive role.
But McNeil switching off cost us a goal. And if we only interested in defensive wide players. Play Coleman and young infront of Patterson a Myko. They’re attacking players and need to do more, danjuma is a wide forward, but you can easily fit him in the way dyche sets up, with doucoure and McNeil or Harrison the other side.

He offered us a lot in the last 20 and Nearly got us a point more than anybody else

Too slow at the start, but great attitude to come back into the game. Similar to Man U fast wing play is killing us and giving us a mountain to climb. We need to be switched on from the start, especially down the flanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.