training injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuitsBlue

Player Valuation: £50m
just what is going on, johnno is again a doubt for a league game this time due to an injury in training.

at the start of the season vic had a lower back strain picked up in pre season

valente has recently picked up knock in training

same goes for VDM

and although hibbert picked up a nasty virus over the summer, his prolonged stay in the treatment room is due to what exactly? he got a hamstring strain months ago, surely that cant be all thats kept him out.

mcfadden broke a toe playing head tennis

Are the players being worked extra hard by moyes in training (not for the first time) or is this a case of being unlucky with freak accidents, similar to cahill getting chopped by cars.

Just goes to show if you don't have enough players to fill in how much trouble it gives. Throw in a good Cup run and European games into the mix and you can see our squad still doesn't match up to were we should as far as numbers go. I would hope that one day we could commit to a young talented group like Arsenal has to play in the domestic cups and give most senior players a rest to compete in the league and overseas.

as it stands now, our reserve team is regularly understrength.

...............howard
hibbert yobo lescott valente
arteta neville fernandes vdm
...........cahill
..............johnno

second 11

................wright
??????? stubbs pistone boyle
osman carsley kissock naysmith
..........beatts anichebe

league cup games, uefa cup games, FA cup games, basic league games, on top of injuries, on top of suspensions added to loss of form.

too little quality spread over too great an area. big summer coming up, one way or another.

Just think if we had qualified for Europe last term, we'd have been in [Poor language removed] street by now with all the extra matches.

as it stands now, our reserve team is regularly understrength.

...............howard
hibbert yobo lescott valente
arteta neville fernandes vdm
...........cahill
..............johnno

second 11

................wright
??????? stubbs pistone boyle
osman carsley kissock naysmith
..........beatts anichebe

league cup games, uefa cup games, FA cup games, basic league games, on top of injuries, on top of suspensions added to loss of form.

too little quality spread over too great an area. big summer coming up, one way or another.
pistone and nace are left backs ;)

pistone started his career out at CB.

and naysmith has regularly been utilised (ha ha ha what a contradiction in terms that is) as a left sided midfielder.

a touch harsh perhaps. he was a revelation at LB in the season we finished fourth. besides his defensive duties i distinctly remember a couple of quality crosses that led directly to goals. he isnt slow either.

its a shame, he has it all to be a really quality defender, but time and injuries have caught up with him.

put it like this, for pace, at LB, i would have pistone.
he is close if not as good defensivley as nuno.
nuno beats him hands down in possesison and supporting attacks.

both surpass naysmiths mediocre 'skills', a player who is truely aiming a touch too high currently.

a touch harsh perhaps. he was a revelation at LB in the season we finished fourth. besides his defensive duties i distinctly remember a couple of quality crosses that led directly to goals. he isnt slow either.

its a shame, he has it all to be a really quality defender, but time and injuries have caught up with him.

both surpass naysmiths mediocre 'skills', a player who is truely aiming a touch too high currently.

Naysmith is a better player then Pistone.

Pistone didnt start loads of games in the 2004/05 season im sure of it.

I havent been impressed with him throughout his career with us.

Finally!!!! I have been waiting centuries for somebody else who might think Pistone is a decent player. Just unlucky with injuries. And he was 1st choice LB during the run to 4th (he started 32 games)

great minds think alike. do you reckon blackholes are in fact 'wormholes' that could be portals to another space and time?

Status
Not open for further replies.