Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my Kagawa tattoo. At least they promised me that's what it says.

hyERC_PXsNmD3MowKVgBLUdb_VQ7asgkOk6RfW4JXBN2guBCkapBfTk5rxtdRJGMxPKmBrByT9FJ9gwOFodI2bJVvlvWeEl81ZyWH0Tm8Yu5pRfBMv1hInRUWx-g7PyDd_NlnWBtgPibqCjvo6q5wDZ_BGs=w341-h431-nc

Hope we are up to more than Holgate. By the sounds it he see's him as one for the future and not part of the three musketeers.

Surely if we sign Kagawa , then our profile will increase in Japan ? If this happens , could we have a Japanese takeover rumour as well.

Remember Li Tie, all Bill and the boys managed to get was Chang Beer out of that investment. Naismith was bought on the hope that iron Bru would supply 16 cases of the orange stuff for free or at least cash and carry prices.

Mourinho: "Everton could come out now and say he's not for sale and that's the end of it."
Martinez: "John is not for sale, and that is the end of it."

At some point you have to take what is being said on face value. Yes, managers often skirt around questions, but in this instance there's a few factors in play that suggest Stones is staying. First off, Martinez would now look very silly if he went, as he's just said we're not a selling club, we're not selling players, John isn't going etc.

Secondly, the big money enters the league next season.

Third, player prices increase after international tournaments.

Fourth, he's under a long term contract and he's young. It's harder for him to sulk his way to a move as he jeopardises his own career.

And fifth, his personality. If this was Sterling, I'd agree with you. It's not though - Stones has been silent, and nothing indicates he is nothing but a top professional in how he approaches his career. I can't see him unsettling himself when he knows he has bigger moves possible in the future if he carries on developing.

Too many factors for me suggesting he's going nowhere - but after today, the number one factor is the sheer confidence from Martinez in that press conference. It suggests to me the discussion is over.

SIXTH - he is a young bloke, he is settled, and publicly no one is forcing him to change that current status. His long-term girlfriend is going into her final year at Uni in the North West this Autumn and so why upset his domestic situation until a minimum of next summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back