Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've been banging on about is not taking risks in the transfer market but a South American centre back is about as risky as it gets!!

It feels like a proper Martinez Wigan defender signing doesn't it?

Not going to pre-judge if I can help it as I know literally nothing about the player, but still.

Saw some River Plate fans talking about Mori a few days ago when this rumour first surfaced. Here's what some of them said about him:

"He started as a highly irregular, player both him and his brother were called "The next best thing", so when they started playing there was pressure for them to deliver. Since Gallardo became the manager FM has been gaining a lot of confidence, he scored an awesome goal against Boca, and of course the last goal of the Libertadores. I see him as a good player, however he's known for making dumb mistakes (he also scored an own goal against Racing that cost us the local championship). If he does go we will miss him tho. He's been an integral part of this River Plate.

Edit: i just remembered why i started mocking him.A year ago i don't know which Funes Mori brother started modeling for a cheap Argentinean clothing líne. http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/3865/42737710150704856556049.jpg At the time neither of them was really any good.that's why you never go Full Funes Mori."

"Well, he's tall (at least by Argentinean standarts, he must be 6'/6'1')so he scored most of his goals by header. When he's confident, he's a great recovery defensive player. Our manager likes to have our team with high pressure in the mid-field, trying to bring the ball to the offense, however this style of play makes you susceptible to counter attacks, and he's been great at times where we were open to attacks. He has developed a good game vision so he makes intelligent passes and he's been practicing free kicks (he scored a beauty a few weeks ago). He's prone to make rash decisions that put us in vulnerable situations tho. That's his downside. Edit: bear in mind he's young (i think he's 23) and i do think he's got room for improvement."

"I watch a lot of River Plate, I like Funes Mori but I don't know if he is the solution for Everton. Maidana feels more solid, and Balanta more promising. But Funes Mori spent time in the US when he was younger & knows the language -- he'd probably be happy with life in the Premier League. As a supporter of both teams I really have no idea how to feel."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back