Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"As may have been expected, Catalan newspaper Sport have calmed down on their Andriy Yarmolenko reports. On Tuesday they kicked the whole thing off by saying Barcelona were seriously interested, the Ukraine international splashed over their front page. Then on Wednesday he was a cover star again with all kinds of claims inside.

It was stated that Everton had agreed a €25m fee with Dynamo Kiev for Yarmolenko, but that the player had vetoed that when Barcelona came in. He'd plumped for Everton, said Sport, despite interest from Tottenham and Arsenal, but couldn't say no to Barcelona.

Sport reverse a little in their Thursday newspaper. Relegated from double cover star to page 8, it's explained that Barcelona will probably speak to Dynamo Kiev officials at the Champions League draw today in Monaco.

However, it's also stated that Everton have a €25m 'pre-agreement' to sign Yarmolenko and that Dynamo Kiev want Barcelona to bid by tomorrow or they'll pursue the Merseyside deal. There is a rush to complete from the Kiev side. Are Barcelona really interested, were they ever really interested? It's easy to jump to a negative conclusion."

Barca interest the day after Celta reject their bid for Nolito?

Last edited by a moderator:
My take on the Yarmolenko story is that the owner is waiting until the UEFA CL draw which is why the deadline is Friday. At the draw is where he will pitch him to all the top clubs because I genuinely think that we don't quite meet the standard he wants to sell him to.

If he fails to get the necessary interest then he will sell him to us on Friday. I'm not sure about the Barca interest because it could simply be the owner trying to raise Yarmolenko's profile because I think Nolito is their main target and Nolito also won't be cup tied, plays on the left and they have Vidal for the right. I think most Barca fans want Nolito and at Barca that's important. They have also had one bid rejected by Celta but Nolito has a release clause.

Basically we need to wait till Friday.

This was all predicted in The Prophecies by Nostradamus.

Further with the Nolito angle. This Yarmolenko interest came about because the reports where that Celta rejected an 8M bid from Barcelona for Nolito (28), who would now renew his contract. His buyout fee will go from 18M to 25M.

I suspect Yarmolenko to Barca rests on this transfer. Are Barca just trying to get Nolito on the cheap? If so then it hardly makes sense to buy Yarmolenko for 20m.

Even if Barca buy him - they can't play him until January because of their transfer ban...Makes no sense. If Barca do want him. then I think they will tell him to stay where he is till next year when he's out of contract and join them with a mahoosive signing on fee.

Either way he ain't coming here that's for sure.

Even if Barca buy him - they can't play him until January because of their transfer ban...Makes no sense. If Barca do want him. then I think they will tell him to stay where he is till next year when he's out of contract and join them with a mahoosive signing on fee.

Either way he ain't coming here that's for sure.
The paper said the owner will take up our offer if they try and do that and since Yarmolenko has stayed a year so the club get a good fee and didn't leave last year it's debatable that Yarmolenko will play along with Barca and do that.

We don't know but we mostly likely will tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back