Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Likes of Boro, Bristol City, Sheff Wed have made bids for players in excess of £9m.

Even if we do get a £12m player tomorrow, to be competing on a par with Championship clubs is pathetic. And it is a big if, that we do spend that much.

tbf we're buying international players and they're signing demary gray.

I know what Surkis said, but a deal could be put in place for then regardless of results. At least they'd have him for the group stage and still receive a fee for him. All pie in the sky but I wouldn't be surprised if this is what we were trying. Then again, you're source probably would have said something by now.
There's no garentee we would get him in jan, and I highly doubt we'd put down the 15 or so mil and leave him there for 6 months

Really is quite hard to believe that the 3 signings that we've heard so much about and were desperate for were an Argie centre half who you have to say could well be a flop, an unheard of striker from the Uruguayan Sunday league, and Aaron Lennon, who we had last season anyway, and who probably wouldn't have even made the squad at the weekend.

That was the master plan? Christ.

I know what Surkis said, but a deal could be put in place for then regardless of results. At least they'd have him for the group stage and still receive a fee for him. All pie in the sky but I wouldn't be surprised if this is what we were trying. Then again, you're source probably would have said something by now.

Told me this morning Surkis had knocked back 3 bids, (ours was only one agreed I believe), and 3 other enquiries.

If we don't make a big signing tomorrow it'll be because we think we'll get him in January IMO.

Yes, but judging from what seems to be a lack of current activity we apparently thought we would get him this summer as well. Perhaps a plan "B" is in order......

So despite 15 million supposedly burning a hole in Martinez' pocket (well we did agree to Yarmolenko's buy out fee right?) He's decided to keep his powder dry and explore the good old loan option instead?

Of course he has lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back