Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asked specifically abut his search for a ‘number 10’, the Blues boss expained: “They aren’t players that are easy to find. You want players with great vision and technical ability but who can also cope with the physicality of the league.

Following the comments who fits the description?
Not a lot we can afford. "physicality of the league" must be the reason he didn't sign Gil last January.

Unfortunately you could have said the same thing about David Silva before he played here. You just never know how players adapt plus is it really that much more physical now, Ozil doesn't seem to be having a problem.

Not a lot we can afford. "physicality of the league" must be the reason he didn't sign Gil last January.

Unfortunately you could have said the same thing about David Silva before he played here. You just never know how players adapt plus is it really that much more physical now, Ozil doesn't seem to be having a problem.
Özil isn't particularly small tbf.

Austin would be a good signing - if you can score 17 goals for a crap QPR side, you're doing well. If it comes down to a choice between Shaquiri or Austin, I would take Shaquiri though.

Van Dijk
Shaquiri
Austin

- make it happen Roberto!
That's bad logic. Teams don't sit deep and defend against QPR so their strikers have a lot of space to operate. Scoring goals for QPR is no indication whether he will be as prolific for us.

That's bad logic. Teams don't sit deep and defend against QPR so their strikers have a lot of space to operate. Scoring goals for QPR is no indication whether he will be as prolific for us.
No? He's scored goals in the same competition we play in, surely that's an indicator he may be able to repeat that given he'll be playing the same teams as before?

Özil isn't particularly small tbf.
He's not exactly one known for liking the physical side of the game. That's sort of my point however you just can't tell from a player's stature. It comes down to their attitude and until they are tested in the premiership there's no way of really knowing.

e.g. Gil was benched by Sherwood in his first game supposedly for this reason and I think unfairly. I think it just showed Sherwood's prejudice rather than a reflection on the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back