Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scotland could still buy off us ! maybe mcgeady now we have lennon ? not worth closing til midnight ?

anyway i want a interview from martinez see what he has to say about the lack of number 10 !

could we still not put a deal into place for yarmalenko now ? so nobody else gets him in jan ? bit like depay signed before the window opened at manchester united ? maybe would appease fans ?

Ukraine now want a lot more money! for Yarm.

710d3719b4866950108e82d1ee433e.gif

Hahahahahha!!!

Scotland could still buy off us ! maybe mcgeady now we have lennon ? not worth closing til midnight ?

anyway i want a interview from martinez see what he has to say about the lack of number 10 !

could we still not put a deal into place for yarmalenko now ? so nobody else gets him in jan ? bit like depay signed before the window opened at manchester united ? maybe would appease fans ?

I'd also like an interview. I want Martinez to lay into the board and call them out for the parasites that they are. He won't, though. "There just wasn't the right fit". BS Roberto, tell us what we need to hear, not what the board wants us to hear.

And as for a deal for January, I'm fairly sure that would push me over the edge. Why could we not do one 4 weeks ago instead of 4 hours after the window shuts?

Deulofeu
Cleverley
Henen
Holgate
Rodriguez
Mori
Lennon

Realistically, 4 first team players in and none left. If I'd heard that equation before the window I'd have been impressed and looking forward to it. However, one of them HAD to be the playmaker. It's a massive omission he isn't in.

A generous 5/10 from me.
I think that is a very fair and reasonable summary.
I really thought we would get a creative midfielder and
am disappointed that we haven't.

What exactly is a play maker though? Can't we be satisfied by Deulofeu? Who will make things happen, will get us goals and set up a shed load. Isn't that what a playmaker is?

You can have one who starts outside but has the ability to drift inside and find space between lines. That's not Del's game. I like the lad but he cant adapt to that. He's a winger and very good at what he does too.

Hope we do. But not a clue what will happen. All I have done these last few weeks is pass on what a credible source has told me. When offering my opinion, based on what he has told me, I have said that.

I have also used that info to disabuse factual inaccuracies about the deal.

I fully accept that my source may be an elaborate WUM, but all the mods have seen the pm thread, and postings from him since the deal died have continued re other football stuff. And Ice Hockey.

And he was very, very helpful on the hockey matters, a truly top chap !

Martinez said he wanted a play maker, defender and striker, he got 2 of those, but he also said he wouldn't buy for the sake of it. So after the Yarmolenko deal didn't happen, they kept moving the goalposts, Martinez obviously didn't fancy any other play maker. Decent transfer window in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back