Tuesday or Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have injuries tomorrow so there will be enforced rotation anyway. Maybe Gueye or Onana can recover for the weekend.
With them both in their WC squads, I don't think they'll play personally (and may not even want to risk it).

83 is well before my time, but my understanding is that we had far better players at that time than we do now. I don't think these players have the quality to turn things around and suddenly become a top side.
No one thought we had top players at that time. Even when we were top of the league in 84/85, they called us 'the team with no stars'. TBH, I was comparing the attitude to cup situation really and that game sprung to mind, as it's often cited so much. It wasn't my intention to state that anything on that scale could happen again, just commenting on whether a good cup win could be a springboard to (relative) success, i.e. mid-table or top 10.

I suppose the 94/95 season could have been another example, in terms of league position and attitude to the cup.
Yeah possibly but the effect didnt last as long as the 80's one. Dogs of War approach served us ok in the cup 95.

Would love us to have a trophy so my lad can get that buzz, that some of us are lucky enough to have revelled in, he loves Everton, lives and breathes it, like most of us albeit from a distance, we go as often as finances allow so for him to see us lift a cup would be great like but overall keeping us in Prem is massive objective.

Would settle for both, don't want much lol.

UTFT

Yeah possibly but the effect didnt last as long as the 80's one. Dogs of War approach served us ok in the cup 95.

Would love us to have a trophy so my lad can get that buzz, that some of us are lucky enough to have revelled in, he loves Everton, lives and breathes it, like most of us albeit from a distance, we go as often as finances allow so for him to see us lift a cup would be great like but overall keeping us in Prem is massive objective.

Would settle for both, don't want much lol.

UTFT
Me too mate. I know the gap between the league and cup is far bigger than it was years ago (when, let's face it, most fans and even players wanted to win the FA Cup even more than the league) but you can't beat winning something on the day as a fan (unless you won the league on the last day, of course) and I'd love my lad to experience that. He only became an Everton fan a year ago (a late bloomer at 17) and he's obsessed with the club.

Me too mate. I know the gap between the league and cup is far bigger than it was years ago (when, let's face it, most fans and even players wanted to win the FA Cup even more than the league) but you can't beat winning something on the day as a fan (unless you won the league on the last day, of course) and I'd love my lad to experience that. He only became an Everton fan a year ago (a late bloomer at 17) and he's obsessed with the club.
We all gotta start somewhere, its a journey for sure but as we know, once it touches you.........................

Fair play to your lad for joining the madding crowd at probably our lowest point for years, it surely can only be an upward trajectory from here for him and us, lets hope so.

UTFT

I suppose as we we had to write off the first 5 games of the season due to no striking options because of the boards inability to replace Richarlison we have to trade in another cup run to try and get 3 points against a Bournemouth side leaking goals for fun . The Kenwright way

I'm trekking down there twice, over a 1000 miles on the road, so I'll be seething if we dont get 2 wins tbh

The players and manager should have paid for a hotel for you to stay down there after going to watch that. That's if you even want to go on Saturday now haha. Glad I missed out on a cup ticket now and have work on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.